Blazers/Mavericks

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: Blazers/Mavericks

Post by greenyellow »

nogerO wrote:
thomas time wrote:Those refs were TERRIBBLE, Dirk has no ft's in the first three quarters then just happens to shoot 13 in the fourth. I love to hear Nate call out the refs, expect a fine coming but that's no big deal. Hopefully they can rebound and win on Tuesday, my man Gerald sure looked bad tonight, so hopefully he will play big on Tuesday. One last thing, why wasn't Camby in the final minutes of the game? Not sure it would've matter though with all the ft's Dallas shot though.
This is EXACTLY why I don't watch the NBA anymore. The refereeing is not based on rules, it's based on everything BUT the rules. WHERE the game is being played, WHICH game of the series is being played, WHO is coaching for each team, WHICH REF has a hard-on for WHICH Coach, WHICH superstar is driving to the hoop in the final minute, HOW MUCH TIME is left on the clock, WHO is the lead referee?...

I could go on forever, but it just solidifies my point. As a former high school referee it makes me sick to my stomach to see how much the refereeing in the NBA is all about entertainment and making sure the largest tv bases are represented in the finals to a GREAT extent.
I'm surprised David Stern doesn't help to clean up the officiating, but I wouldn't be shocked if he's actually instructed the people grading the officials to let things slide so that games are entertaining. Stern is probably past his usefulness as commissioner of the NBA. I think new blood in that position would help the league.
Elduderino
Senior

Post by Elduderino »

greenyellow wrote:
nogerO wrote:
thomas time wrote:Those refs were TERRIBBLE, Dirk has no ft's in the first three quarters then just happens to shoot 13 in the fourth. I love to hear Nate call out the refs, expect a fine coming but that's no big deal. Hopefully they can rebound and win on Tuesday, my man Gerald sure looked bad tonight, so hopefully he will play big on Tuesday. One last thing, why wasn't Camby in the final minutes of the game? Not sure it would've matter though with all the ft's Dallas shot though.
This is EXACTLY why I don't watch the NBA anymore. The refereeing is not based on rules, it's based on everything BUT the rules. WHERE the game is being played, WHICH game of the series is being played, WHO is coaching for each team, WHICH REF has a hard-on for WHICH Coach, WHICH superstar is driving to the hoop in the final minute, HOW MUCH TIME is left on the clock, WHO is the lead referee?...

I could go on forever, but it just solidifies my point. As a former high school referee it makes me sick to my stomach to see how much the refereeing in the NBA is all about entertainment and making sure the largest tv bases are represented in the finals to a GREAT extent.
I'm surprised David Stern doesn't help to clean up the officiating, but I wouldn't be shocked if he's actually instructed the people grading the officials to let things slide so that games are entertaining. Stern is probably past his usefulness as commissioner of the NBA. I think new blood in that position would help the league.
I'm not surprised at all. The entertaiNBA is all about making money; nothing more. It's a sad reality.
AKA: CAgrown
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

Wow I was lucky enough to get tickets to the game last night, and it was incredible atmosphere. It was crazy to see on the big screen when the players were getting ready to come out onto the court. Then when they announced the mavs players all you could hear was lets go blazers, and the blazers intro was amazing with the tent and highlights of all players. It was nice to see Brandon get the nice ovation and see Wesley with that great first quarter. Great game blazers and now we need to get tommorrows.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

What a choke job by the Mavs. Losing a 23 pt lead in the 3rd to lose by 2. Brandon Roy was looking like his former self in the 4th as he just scored at will.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

holy s***
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Duck07 wrote:holy s***
That's what I was thinking at the end of the game. I just about shut the game off after the 3rd but stuck with it and watched Portland play out of their minds. Mark Cuban's look at the end of the game was just priceless.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

WTF game was Caplan watching?

ESPN_Caplan Jeff Caplan
by TonyDiFrancisco
Mavs blow out Blazers, silence Rose Garden: PORTLAND, Ore. -- A stunning third quarter saw the Mavericks blow the... http://es.pn/frs9Sh
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

L Perry
Four Star Recruit

Post by L Perry »

Yep, eggs hatching comes to mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Yeah Blazers, even after 4!
Probae esti in segetem sunt deteriorem datae fruges, tamen ipsae suaptae enitent
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

woundedknees wrote:WTF game was Caplan watching?

ESPN_Caplan Jeff Caplan
by TonyDiFrancisco
Mavs blow out Blazers, silence Rose Garden: PORTLAND, Ore. -- A stunning third quarter saw the Mavericks blow the... http://es.pn/frs9Sh

Saw that too...oops! Loved reading the comments below the article.
duck55
Senior

Post by duck55 »

Article has been removed - sorry I missed it.
Sounds like someone wrote his report before the game ended. :lol:
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

Wow amazing fourth quarter, both offensively and defensively. As ugly as the first three quarters (7 combined fgs in first and third quarters), the fourth quarter was that good. Thanks to dallas for not doulbe teaming Brandon and missing alot of shots, but I think alot of that was because how well the blazers played. Go Blazers!!!!! Two more to get.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Luckyyyy, Blazers aren't going to steal one from Dallas though, so Mavs in 7.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
TheMaehlMan
Junior

Post by TheMaehlMan »

Pitiful second half effort in Game 5, we are in trouble unless heroic performances become the norm..

Going to miss the Maehl Man
L Perry
Four Star Recruit

Post by L Perry »

Yep, pretty pitiful last night!
Probae esti in segetem sunt deteriorem datae fruges, tamen ipsae suaptae enitent
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »