Stanford @ Oregon (Ducks win series 2-1)

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

BillM
Two Star Recruit

Re: Stanford @ Oregon (Ducks lead series 1-0)

Post by BillM »

To their credit (and maybe their immaturity), they seem to shrugged off poor performances all year. That's one big reason why I am hopeful that if they play well enough to pull a few upsets in their last 10 games and keep playing hard (even with their myriad of problems), it will help them next year. I have had a harder time shrugging off the poor play. I just want to see them be successful.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

5-4 Ducks, top 7

still can't get over this zone. a high strike is anything near the belt, but nothing over it; that's a ball. the zone extends from the lower belt down to the ankles, and is a foot off the plate on either side. yet, it's been oddly consistent all day.
ImageImageImageImageImage
BillM
Two Star Recruit

Post by BillM »

Aaron Jones with a HUGE opportunity to drive in some runs with the bases loaded . . . strikes out for the second out. He started the year out so well, but not so much now. We're still battling though. McGough is in the bullpen . . . any chance we see the good McGough?
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

I don't want to hear ANY McGough bashing from you folks today.

Bullsh*t call at first: 2 outs, Stanford hits a slow dribbler to Serna, Serna makes an incredible pickup-and-throw that nails the runner, but the ump says the throw took the first basemen off the bag. Replay shows it clearly did not, the runner was out. Four pitches later, a ball gets away from the catcher and a 'Furd runner from third comes home to tie the game.
BillM
Two Star Recruit

Post by BillM »

We don't catch many breaks. Pulfer gets in under the throw at home against Seattle U. but umpire on the first base side of the plate calls him out. No extra innings if run had been scored. What is wrong with Marder? Hambright has caught games too.
BillM
Two Star Recruit

Post by BillM »

Time to quit bailing out Stanford after we retake the lead. 12 LOB . . . would love to have some insurance runs from them.

Oh, and I wasn't really bashing McGough. I hope he pitches well.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

Ducks wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin!

6-5. They take the series from 'Furd. Great bounce back effort.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

BillM wrote:Time to quit bailing out Stanford after we retake the lead. 12 LOB . . . would love to have some insurance runs from them.

Oh, and I wasn't really bashing McGough. I hope he pitches well.
I honestly didn't mean you; he's just the forum whipping boy. Sometimes rightfully so. He might have given up the tying run, but it wasn't his fault.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

BillM wrote:We don't catch many breaks. Pulfer gets in under the throw at home against Seattle U. but umpire on the first base side of the plate calls him out. No extra innings if run had been scored. What is wrong with Marder? Hambright has caught games too.
Marder broke his thumb a couple weeks ago.

Lost in yesterday's horrific ending was that the first base umpire called a balk on Kuedell that cost us a run, in a situation where Kuedell wasn't even touching the plate. It didn't seem like a big deal at the time, but it was the wrong call (I believe Jerry said the ump admitted as much to Horton)... then we end up losing by a run. We don't catch ANY breaks, indeed.
BillM
Two Star Recruit

Post by BillM »

I had heard about Marder's thumb, but I didn't know it was that bad. Yesterday Coach Horton said that Keudell's cleat got stuck and unfortunately was called for a balk.

It is great to see our guys bounce back today . . . they are far more resilient than I am. Next up - Gonzaga.