Ok St "oregon of midwest"

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

UofO8
Senior

Ok St "oregon of midwest"

Post by UofO8 »

Don't know if anyone else has seen this, but i just found it recently

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id ... he-midwest

Anyone else find this annoying, or is it just me? More and more schools seem to be doing this, and i guess more school just want to be like us now. I think whats more annoying is how much s*** we got from pretty much everyone when we were the only ones doing the multiple uni thing...and now everyone else wants to do it :roll:
Duck07
All-American

Re: Ok St "oregon of midwest"

Post by Duck07 »

UofO8 wrote:Don't know if anyone else has seen this, but i just found it recently

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id ... he-midwest

Anyone else find this annoying, or is it just me? More and more schools seem to be doing this, and i guess more school just want to be like us now. I think whats more annoying is how much s*** we got from pretty much everyone when we were the only ones doing the multiple uni thing...and now everyone else wants to do it :roll:
you do realize that Ok State has the only single booster who can compete with Phil Knight and his name is T. Boone Pickens, right? Ok State really is the "Oregon of the Midwest" because they are doing what we did practically to a T, ha. When you have an uber-booster like that who can pay for all of your brand new facility upgrades, there really is only one other school to be compared to. Besides, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

I know I've heard Maryland say they want to be the Oregon of the east coast, but the problem is Under Armor thinks they are big time, but they still only make 700mill a year (which is good money) compared to Nike's 7 billion a year. They are trying hard and the owner gives what he can to the program, but when Knight and Pickens have billions they can give to their schools it's hard to compete.
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

This article nothing new. I knew about the similarities back when we played them in the bowl (holiday if I remember right).

We were both exciting rising programs, save the cowboys havn't done a whole lot better and UO has been meteoric.
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Zyme wrote:This article nothing new. I knew about the similarities back when we played them in the bowl (holiday if I remember right).

We were both exciting rising programs, save the cowboys havn't done a whole lot better and UO has been meteoric.
As of now, the programs are about on par, but they do have one thing that Oregon doesn't: a Heisman Trophy winner (Barry Sanders).
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

greenyellow wrote:
Zyme wrote:This article nothing new. I knew about the similarities back when we played them in the bowl (holiday if I remember right).

As of now, the programs are about on par, but they do have one thing that Oregon doesn't: a Heisman Trophy winner (Barry Sanders).

Last 5 seasons:

OSU 43-22 (3-2 in bowl games)
No conf champ, no BCS bowls

UO 48-17 (2-3 in bowl games)
2 conf champ, 2 BCS bowls

UO 1-0 in head to head with OSU :)

We've averaged one game better over the last 5 years... pretty damn close.

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

greenyellow wrote:

And they will probably end up with his son.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

karlhungis wrote:
greenyellow wrote:

And they will probably end up with his son.
I would be shocked if he chose another school besides OSU. Only thing that may keep him away would be not wanting to have to follow in his dad's footsteps, but so far he doesn't seem to be afraid of that. He's also a top baseball player in Oklahoma so he has another option as well.