Page 1 of 1

Devin Gardner off the board

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:25 am
by jhopduck
Sounds like he wanted to stay close. Kind of a surprise, but not a huge shocker. Probably why CK identified Bolden as his top QB target. Solid kid, should do well in that system. Wonder if he beats out Tate Forcier next year?

Free article:
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar ... 20452/1361

Re: Devin Gardner off the board

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:29 pm
by UOducksTK1
jhopduck wrote:Sounds like he wanted to stay close. Kind of a surprise, but not a huge shocker. Probably why CK identified Bolden as his top QB target. Solid kid, should do well in that system. Wonder if he beats out Tate Forcier next year?

Free article:
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar ... 20452/1361
Not surprised he stayed in the big 10. And Michigan doesn't really have much QB depth so it makes sense.

And like you mentioned, this doesn't mean much for Oregon. Bolden is our main guy right now.

Re: Devin Gardner off the board

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:57 pm
by stewbertwilloughby
I like this because right after the Boyd fiasco, ohio state fans thought once they offered him, he was a lock. This actually makes me happy. :D (see)

Re: Devin Gardner off the board

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:24 pm
by yeahboyd
I want Bolden, I have a feeling we land a good qb this year. Can't say I felt that we had any chance at this guy

Re: Devin Gardner off the board

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:28 pm
by yeahboyd
Some names to keep an eye on. Brunetti, Broadway, Jacoby Walker, and Tyler Shreeve. I prefer Bolden though

Re: Devin Gardner off the board

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:47 pm
by VinnyKnuckles
yeahboyd wrote:Some names to keep an eye on. Brunetti, Broadway, Jacoby Walker, and Tyler Shreeve. I prefer Bolden though
I wonder when the recruiting websites are going to get some videos of Tyler Shreeve in actual game action? I have seen game footage of all the others except for him. I would really like to see what he looks like running the ball.

Brunetti reminds me a lot of Masoli. Broadway has indicated in the past he would prefer to stay in the South. Claude Johnson from Arkansas is another QB with interest in the Ducks that might be worth keeping an eye on.

Re: Devin Gardner off the board

Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:30 am
by jhopduck
Jacoby Walker definitely one to watch. Along with Bolden. IF we whiff on both of them look for us to lock up Shreve pretty quickly after.

Re: Devin Gardner off the board

Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:42 am
by jhopduck
Garner has decided to hold off officially announcing until after basketball. Doubt much will change in that time, but the "verbal" is not official yet.

Re: Devin Gardner off the board

Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:43 am
by Mops
I'd love to see Oregon offer Walker. He has has in his top 2 right now without an offer and IMO an offer might land a commit. He knows how deadly our offense is and how much star power the QB gets in it.