Page 1 of 4

Well That Was Tough To Swallow But We Will Prevail

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:23 am
by Mops
Tough to see a player with that much talent not end up at Oregon. Good Luck to Bryce in everything he does outside of playing Oregon. We will move on and be fine. Still tough to swallow not getting Brown.

ON TO THE 2009 SEASON AND THE 2010 CLASS!!!

GO DUCKS!!!

Re: Well That Was Tough To Swallow But We Will Prevail

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:25 am
by dthomas=ddixon
True dat.

Re: Well That Was Tough To Swallow But We Will Prevail

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:25 am
by duckz
Well.........



at least we didn't come in second :roll:

Re: Well That Was Tough To Swallow But We Will Prevail

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:26 am
by spinseeker
duckz wrote:Well.........



at least we didn't come in second :roll:
:lol:

Re: Well That Was Tough To Swallow But We Will Prevail

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:26 am
by autzenzoo
im glad its finally over. what a circus that was

Re: Well That Was Tough To Swallow But We Will Prevail

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:28 am
by greenyellow
We now have to hope that none of our RBs get hurt since our depth at RB is very shallow. We are at the bare minimum for depth at RB. It now makes RB recruiting all that more important for the coaching staff.

Re: Well That Was Tough To Swallow But We Will Prevail

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:30 am
by chapelhillduck
If only Ethan grant could graduate a year early

Re: Well That Was Tough To Swallow But We Will Prevail

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:32 am
by dthomas=ddixon
Does this mean Harper to RB? If so, I'm excited!!

Re: Well That Was Tough To Swallow But We Will Prevail

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:33 am
by greenyellow
I think that this commitment will also shut down all those Harper to KSU rumors. I believe that Kelly will now use Harper as a Wildcat formation QB and as a RB is certain plays from other formations. Harper is too talented to not have the ball in his hands.

Re: Well That Was Tough To Swallow But We Will Prevail

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:35 am
by dd10snoop28
I think we "need" another RB after this.

Too many ? marks around this team.

Blount(always has the controversy of will have make it academically?)
LMJ(stay healthy?)
Alston and Crenshaw(are they ready to step up into a bigger role?)

Re: Well That Was Tough To Swallow But We Will Prevail

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:38 am
by duckamania
Time to go out and emphasize adding a power back like Malcolm Jones to complement our small, shifty guys like Alston, LaMichael James, and E. Grant. Let's keep the thunder and lightning combo going in the backfield.

Re: Well That Was Tough To Swallow But We Will Prevail

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:38 am
by UofDuck
dd10snoop28 wrote:I think we "need" another RB after this.

Too many ? marks around this team.

Blount(always has the controversy of will have make it academically?)
LMJ(stay healthy?)
Alston and Crenshaw(are they ready to step up into a bigger role?)
I think we already have a RB that might actually be a leg up on Brown. His name is Chris Harper. The kid is big, fast, agile. I hear he is a freak on the basketball court too. Translates to a stellar RB prospect. I am ALL for it. Get the ball into his hands 25 times a game.

Re: Well That Was Tough To Swallow But We Will Prevail

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:40 am
by greenyellow
duckamania wrote:Time to go out and emphasize adding a power back like Malcolm Jones to complement our small, shifty guys like Alston, LaMichael James, and E. Grant. Let's keep the thunder and lightning combo going in the backfield.
I think that the other 2 RBs will be a power back and a RB that could split out wide as a WR. There are enough RBs that we are recruiting that we should be able to fill those spots fairly easy.

Re: Well That Was Tough To Swallow But We Will Prevail

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:41 am
by dd10snoop28
Tinfoilman wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:I think we "need" another RB after this.

Too many ? marks around this team.

Blount(always has the controversy of will have make it academically?)
LMJ(stay healthy?)
Alston and Crenshaw(are they ready to step up into a bigger role?)
I think we already have a RB that might actually be a leg up on Brown. His name is Chris Harper. The kid is big, fast, agile. I hear he is a freak on the basketball court too. Translates to a stellar RB prospect. I am ALL for it. Get the ball into his hands 25 times a game.
Yeah I think that Harper is the missing piece at the RB spot.

Re: Well That Was Tough To Swallow But We Will Prevail

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:42 am
by briarduck
Man I'm pisted! But I agree with everyone, while losing out on BB is bad news we will be a great team!

He sounded like a good kid so good luck to BB until we play!

GO DUCKS!!