Double Amputee Soldier Skydives with Dog

Anything that wont fit in any of the other forums

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

MFRDuckFan
Senior

Double Amputee Soldier Skydives with Dog

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Okay, this made me cry. ~ God bless our men & women in uniform

"Jumping out of a plane is certainly a memorable activity. Going skydiving with your dog is even more impressive. But one brave U.S. solider trumps both of those feats.

The unidentified soldier in the video, who brought his military working dog Axe along for the ride, is also a double-amputee who lost his feet in combat.

Gizmodo reports the man told DefenseTech, "I am still rocking! For those who haven't heard, I was blown up, with my [military working dog], Axe, Feb 17th of this year. I lost both of my feet, and was back to work in July."

Axe isn't the only dog that goes skydiving. This summer, a pug from California named Otis completed his 64th tandem jump with his owner."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... xgjYAYJtrE#!
Duck07
All-American

Re: Double Amputee Soldier Skydives with Dog

Post by Duck07 »

I read an article a while back in Popular Science about some of those trained dogs they have and all the crazy things they'll do with them, such as jumping out of a perfectly good airplane!
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Re: Double Amputee Soldier Skydives with Dog

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Duck07 wrote:I read an article a while back in Popular Science about some of those trained dogs they have and all the crazy things they'll do with them, such as jumping out of a perfectly good airplane!
The dog was definitely uncomfortable during flight but absolutely loves his handler. He'd be lost without that dog.