The Ads On This Forum

Anything that wont fit in any of the other forums

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Dr.Plompy
One Star Recruit

The Ads On This Forum

Post by Dr.Plompy »

Ok, so I'm aware that Google's Adsense program automatically uses cookies and browsing history to compile some sort of profile for a given user, and an algorithm is then applied to that data, so a banner can be put up on a site such as this one that will, at least theorhetically, be of more interest to me than a random ad. All of this makes perfect sense, but as I imagine many of you do, I wile away plenty of hours here at work online. The ads tend to fall into two categories on the work computers here, the first are ads for the company i work for, and the second are ads for Asian dating sites. I am constantly being informed that there is a 21 year old girl named "Ling" in Shuyndung, China that is just dying to meet me.

So the question becomes, which of my coworkers has the Asian fetish?
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: The Ads On This Forum

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Dr.Plompy wrote:Ok, so I'm aware that Google's Adsense program automatically uses cookies and browsing history to compile some sort of profile for a given user, and an algorithm is then applied to that data, so a banner can be put up on a site such as this one that will, at least theorhetically, be of more interest to me than a random ad. All of this makes perfect sense, but as I imagine many of you do, I wile away plenty of hours here at work online. The ads tend to fall into two categories on the work computers here, the first are ads for the company i work for, and the second are ads for Asian dating sites. I am constantly being informed that there is a 21 year old girl named "Ling" in Shuyndung, China that is just dying to meet me.

So the question becomes, which of my coworkers has the Asian fetish?
Haha. Either that as you said, or something you viewed had some text or reference to show that type of ad.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13