Notre Dame . . .
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
-
Greenblood
- Senior
- Posts: 3446
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:16 pm
Notre Dame . . .
I will confess to despising the Notre Dame Fighting Irish as a college football entity. That said, they surprised me yesterday with what certainly looks like a very impressive victory at MSU. And looking at the rest of their schedule -- including Michigan (this week), Stanford, BYU, at Oklahoma, at USC -- and throwing in the whole "tradition" thing that can unfortunately influence voters, I think it could be very difficult for teams currently ahead of them in the rankings to stay ahead of them if ND keeps winning, even if those other teams keep winning. But there is also opportunity for the Pac-12 to really help itself if Stanford and SC can beat them.
-
karlhungis
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7990
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:08 am
Re: Notre Dame . . .
To be honest, I am surprised they haven't moved into the top 5 by simply not losing yet.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
- Phenom
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 9914
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:49 am
Re: Notre Dame . . .
I don't think MSU is that good at all. All they've got is Bell. I do agree that if Notre Dame runs the table (they won't) they'll be a player for that NC and deservedly so.
-
gofightingducks
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 5533
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:08 pm
- Location: Portland, OR
Re: Notre Dame . . .
They are 3-0, you might as well give them the national championship trophy now!
-
duck55
- Senior
- Posts: 2157
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:37 am
- Location: Keizer OR
Re: Notre Dame . . .
gofightingducks wrote:They are 3-0, you might as well give them the national championship trophy now!
- Bud Lee
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 5541
- Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:03 am
- Location: Da Boot
Re: Notre Dame . . .
I really dislike Notre Dame, I think they are completely overrated every year, though I have to say they look legit this year.
If they end up beating, Michigan, Stanford, Oklahoma, and USC this year they deserve a top 5 spot.
With that said, I see them finishing with 2 loses and being ranked somewhere in the top 10, which is far assuming those two loses will to ranked teams.
If they end up beating, Michigan, Stanford, Oklahoma, and USC this year they deserve a top 5 spot.
With that said, I see them finishing with 2 loses and being ranked somewhere in the top 10, which is far assuming those two loses will to ranked teams.
- EncinitasDuck
- Five Star Recruit
- Posts: 1158
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:45 pm
- Location: Grants Pass Oregon
Re: Notre Dame . . .
Which means they'll go to a BCS Bowl and get crushed once again. I don't mind if they go to a BCS Bowl as long as they continue to get embarrassed.Bud Lee wrote:I really dislike Notre Dame, I think they are completely overrated every year, though I have to say they look legit this year.
If they end up beating, Michigan, Stanford, Oklahoma, and USC this year they deserve a top 5 spot.
With that said, I see them finishing with 2 loses and being ranked somewhere in the top 10, which is far assuming those two loses will to ranked teams.
-
SteelTown43
- Two Star Recruit
- Posts: 184
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:17 am
Re: Notre Dame . . .
I mind because every time they go to a BCS bowl they keep a more deserving team out. That and the amount of money ND gets for a BCS appearance just helps to allow this whole "independent" BS thing to continue...
- Bud Lee
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 5541
- Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:03 am
- Location: Da Boot
Re: Notre Dame . . .
EncinitasDuck wrote:Which means they'll go to a BCS Bowl and get crushed once again. I don't mind if they go to a BCS Bowl as long as they continue to get embarrassed.Bud Lee wrote:I really dislike Notre Dame, I think they are completely overrated every year, though I have to say they look legit this year.
If they end up beating, Michigan, Stanford, Oklahoma, and USC this year they deserve a top 5 spot.
With that said, I see them finishing with 2 loses and being ranked somewhere in the top 10, which is far assuming those two loses will to ranked teams.
- EncinitasDuck
- Five Star Recruit
- Posts: 1158
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:45 pm
- Location: Grants Pass Oregon
Re: Notre Dame . . .
They may beat Michigan at home but I don't see them beating SC or OU on the road. If Stanford plays anywhere near how they played against SC it won't be close. I'd put money on them losing all 4.Bud Lee wrote:EncinitasDuck wrote:Which means they'll go to a BCS Bowl and get crushed once again. I don't mind if they go to a BCS Bowl as long as they continue to get embarrassed.Bud Lee wrote:I really dislike Notre Dame, I think they are completely overrated every year, though I have to say they look legit this year.
If they end up beating, Michigan, Stanford, Oklahoma, and USC this year they deserve a top 5 spot.
With that said, I see them finishing with 2 loses and being ranked somewhere in the top 10, which is far assuming those two loses will to ranked teams.
mayhap, but if they can beat the big boys on their schedule they can hang with a lot of teams that may be paired up with them in a BCS game.
If they can somehow manage to split these games 2-2 and win all their others then I agree they would deserve a BCS Bowl. But I would still hope they'd get embarrassed.
-
duckfan22
- Senior
- Posts: 2698
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:48 pm
Re: Notre Dame . . .
I really really dislike ND I put them right there with
the huskies. They are so over rated. And they are the
best team in the country every year according to
Lou Holtz.
the huskies. They are so over rated. And they are the
best team in the country every year according to
Lou Holtz.
-
duckfan96
- Senior
- Posts: 2705
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:58 pm
Re: Notre Dame . . .
Would love to see the Ducks play ND at some point. A home and home with em would be cool
- Bud Lee
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 5541
- Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:03 am
- Location: Da Boot
Re: Notre Dame . . .
duckfan96 wrote:Would love to see the Ducks play ND at some point. A home and home with em would be cool
I'll tell you this, it is pretty awesome to watch your team dismantle them like LSU did in the Sugar Bowl
-
maxduck
- Senior
- Posts: 3763
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:37 pm
Re: Notre Dame . . .
They did a home and home many years ago. Ducks lost in South Bend (1976) then in 1982 the mighty Irish kicked a late field goal to salvage a tie with a 2-8-1 Oregon team at a sold out Autzen Stadium. The series was the result of the friendship between the ND athletic director and former Oregon coach and AD Len Casanova. The fact Notre Dame would even consider a visit to Eugene, where football crowds of roughly 20,000 were not unusual, was a tribute to the integrity and respect earned by Casanova.duckfan96 wrote:Would love to see the Ducks play ND at some point. A home and home with em would be cool
- EncinitasDuck
- Five Star Recruit
- Posts: 1158
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:45 pm
- Location: Grants Pass Oregon
Re: Notre Dame . . .
I was there for that game. I think it was 1981. Autzen felt like we had won the NC.maxduck wrote:They did a home and home many years ago. Ducks lost in South Bend (1976) then in 1982 the mighty Irish kicked a late field goal to salvage a tie with a 2-8-1 Oregon team at a sold out Autzen Stadium. The series was the result of the friendship between the ND athletic director and former Oregon coach and AD Len Casanova. The fact Notre Dame would even consider a visit to Eugene, where football crowds of roughly 20,000 were not unusual, was a tribute to the integrity and respect earned by Casanova.duckfan96 wrote:Would love to see the Ducks play ND at some point. A home and home with em would be cool