Page 1 of 1

Billy Gillespie resigns at Texas Tech

Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:02 pm
by woundedknees
http://msn.foxsports.com/collegebasketb ... ach-092012

due to health concerns.


''Billy has decided to focus on his health, and we wish him a full recovery,'' athletic director Kirby Hocutt said in a news release. ''We are proud of the young men that he has brought to this campus. Billy's decision allows him to concentrate on his well-being and allows us to turn our attention to preparations for the upcoming season.''

Re: Billy Gillespie resigns at Texas Tech

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:27 am
by thomas time
From what I've read I would be guessing it had alot to do with being fired if he didn't stepped down by himself. Their top scorer I believe said he didn't want to play for him next year. He made a player practice who had a torn acl of all things, just to name one of many wrong things he made his players do in practice.