Page 1 of 2

#10 Oregon St. @ BYU

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:43 pm
by Greenblood
12:30 p.m. on ABC.

Going to be interesting without Mannion. This is one of those occasions where, whatever our feelings about the Beavers in general, they can potentially do the Ducks a favor in SOS when the final BCS rankings come down if they can win this OOC game. Basically, any team on the Ducks' schedule beating any team that isn't helps the Ducks SOS. Which is why recent Beaver and Cal victories over UCLA were good from that standpoint, as well as even USC coming back to beat Utah. (And why -- oh PLEASE -- it would be so great for Stanford to beat ND this week, and ND to fall to USC later on.)

Re: Oregon St. @ BYU

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:01 pm
by UOducksTK1
I think this will be a very boring game. BYU's defense is even more "for real" than OSU imo. And without Mannion, it'll be evident in this game.

I say BYU 20-13.

Re: Oregon St. @ BYU

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:13 pm
by USUaggieDuck
byu's QB ran a QB draw instead of kneeling on the final play just for kicks. he injured his knee on that play and is out for the year.

he was the backup. the original starter will be playing in this game (with 3 injured vertibrae). byu lost 2 starting linemen and their RB broke his arm and will be out as well. that said, no idea who wins.

Re: Oregon St. @ BYU

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:26 pm
by UOducksTK1
USUaggieDuck wrote:byu's QB ran a QB draw instead of kneeling on the final play just for kicks. he injured his knee on that play and is out for the year.

he was the backup. the original starter will be playing in this game (with 3 injured vertibrae). byu lost 2 starting linemen and their RB broke his arm and will be out as well. that said, no idea who wins.
Didn't know this, but I'll stand by my score, home team still wins.

Re: #10 Oregon St. @ BYU

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:42 pm
by duck55
Vas is better than BYU's Riley. Reports of Wheaton missing practice. Tough game to grasp.

Re: #10 Oregon St. @ BYU

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:48 pm
by Elduderino
I like the Beavs in this one. Haven't been overly impressed with BYU. Dominant D and a pathetic offense (though I am a big Cody Hoffman fan; not sure how that dude got out of the PAC12).

Plus, I think we want as important a Civil War as we can get.

Re: #10 Oregon St. @ BYU

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:01 pm
by UOducksTK1
Elduderino wrote:I like the Beavs in this one. Haven't been overly impressed with BYU. Dominant D and a pathetic offense (though I am a big Cody Hoffman fan; not sure how that dude got out of the PAC12).

Plus, I think we want as important a Civil War as we can get.
No doubt we probably want OSU to win, but will they? I don't think they survive BYU's D with no Mannion.

Re: #10 Oregon St. @ BYU

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:06 pm
by karlhungis
BYU wins a squeaker, 4-2.

Re: #10 Oregon St. @ BYU

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:08 pm
by Duck07
I think the Beavs can pull out the win due to their D and what I predict will be some effective PA passing. While they don't have the best run game, I believe they'll be able to keep BYU honest enough to get Cooks and Wheaton some looks. Much like the Wisconsin win, I think the Biebers hold on late for the win.

Re: #10 Oregon St. @ BYU

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:05 am
by Bud Lee
All the injuries make this one a hard one to predict. If I had to guess, Beavers win 17-0.

Re: #10 Oregon St. @ BYU

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:53 am
by DAT#6
It would be nice to see BYU not embarrass the conference again, but alas, I do not think that will be the case.

BYU 12 OS 10

Re: #10 Oregon St. @ BYU

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:02 am
by Greenblood
The Beavers have been continually surprising me this year, and I'm going to say that they are a lot more than Mannion. I say they'll again "surprise" me (even if that doesn't really make sense) and win a low scoring contest. (And thanks to the Mod who added the ranking to the Beavers in the title of the thread.)

Re: #10 Oregon St. @ BYU

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:29 am
by AutzenMember
BYU is also on ND's schedule, so an OS win helps to lower ND's future SOS also.

Re: #10 Oregon St. @ BYU

Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:45 pm
by stewbertwilloughby
Does Riley Nelson remind anyone else of Masoli? Runs a lot, physically. Not a great passer. Makes plays happen, then makes a stupid decision.

Re: #10 Oregon St. @ BYU

Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:09 pm
by maxduck
Good game by the Beavers.