Page 1 of 2

#3 South Carolina @ #9 LSU

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:22 am
by UOducksTK1
Tigers 19 South Carolina 17

Re: #3 South Carolina @ #9 LSU

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:52 am
by DAT#6
I like South Carolina-despite the 'Ol Football Coach.

SC 24 LSU 21

Re: #3 South Carolina @ #9 LSU

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:03 am
by Greenblood
Whom do we root for in this? Feels like we want this USC to get a loss.

Re: #3 South Carolina @ #9 LSU

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:14 am
by DAT#6
Greenblood wrote:Whom do we root for in this? Feels like we want this USC to get a loss.
If LSU loses, we won't have to worry about them any more this season, and we can root for them to win out. SC probably only needs one loss to be out of the picture, and they have good opportunities for a loss with Florida and probably Alabama.

I am happy either way.

Re: #3 South Carolina @ #9 LSU

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:05 am
by Duck07
Night game at Death Valley so I'm picking the Tigers

Re: #3 South Carolina @ #9 LSU

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:59 am
by Greenblood
DAT#6 wrote:
Greenblood wrote:Whom do we root for in this? Feels like we want this USC to get a loss.
If LSU loses, we won't have to worry about them any more this season, and we can root for them to win out. SC probably only needs one loss to be out of the picture, and they have good opportunities for a loss with Florida and probably Alabama.

I am happy either way.
Not to divert this threat, but . . . does any one-loss team get ahead of (what we hope is) an unbeaten Duck team after all the conference championship games in early December? I think not.

Re: #3 South Carolina @ #9 LSU

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:01 pm
by UOducksTK1
Greenblood wrote:
DAT#6 wrote:
Greenblood wrote:Whom do we root for in this? Feels like we want this USC to get a loss.
If LSU loses, we won't have to worry about them any more this season, and we can root for them to win out. SC probably only needs one loss to be out of the picture, and they have good opportunities for a loss with Florida and probably Alabama.

I am happy either way.
Not to divert this threat, but . . . does any one-loss team get ahead of (what we hope is) an unbeaten Duck team after all the conference championship games in early December? I think not.
Not humanly possible. But if the computers rank us in the teens, I suppose it's possible.

Anybody else concerned

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:55 pm
by nogerO
That a big win by USC (S Carolina) in Death Valley, coupled with the Ducks on a bye week (out of sight to the east coast biased voters) will result in them leap-froggin us for #2? You know they are just looking for a reason to drop some "weak" PAC 12 team out of the NC talk. Discuss...

Re: #3 South Carolina @ #9 LSU

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:29 pm
by Bud Lee
I'm worried....

#3 South Carolina @ #9 LSU

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:34 pm
by whosyourwally
LSU would drop to at least 10th if they lose. Still ahead of unbeaten Oregon State. Because its better to lose to SEC schools than to beat anybody else.

Re: #3 South Carolina @ #9 LSU

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:35 pm
by karlhungis
I don't see how LSU finds the endzone in this one. I think the cocks take it.

Re: #3 South Carolina @ #9 LSU

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:28 pm
by DAT#6
Greenblood wrote:
DAT#6 wrote:
Greenblood wrote:Whom do we root for in this? Feels like we want this USC to get a loss.
If LSU loses, we won't have to worry about them any more this season, and we can root for them to win out. SC probably only needs one loss to be out of the picture, and they have good opportunities for a loss with Florida and probably Alabama.

I am happy either way.
Not to divert this threat, but . . . does any one-loss team get ahead of (what we hope is) an unbeaten Duck team after all the conference championship games in early December? I think not.
A one loss team won't finish ahead of an undefeated UO, but I doubt we will make it through 13 games unscathed.

Re: #3 South Carolina @ #9 LSU

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:36 pm
by Bud Lee
whosyourwally wrote:LSU would drop to at least 10th if they lose. Still ahead of unbeaten Oregon State. Because its better to lose to SEC schools than to beat anybody else.
If LSU loses USC and Oregon State will both jump them in the AP.

We are down 15 players, it will be one hell of a feet to make it through the next 4 weeks without multiple loses

Re: #3 South Carolina @ #9 LSU

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:04 am
by squintsdd
It's in LSU so it could easily go their way, but I just don't think they have the offense to get through a a better than normal USCe defense. Defenses on both sides will keep this game low scoring and close.

Re: #3 South Carolina @ #9 LSU

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:18 am
by Duck07
If there is a coach in CFB who knows how to ride the proverbial huffy and pick up an ugly win, its Les.