EJ Singler 6A POY

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Mops
Four Star Recruit

EJ Singler 6A POY

Post by Mops »

E.J. Singler has been known as a tough-minded player since he made the South Medford varsity team as a freshman, but few understood the degree to which that was true during his senior year. He underwent surgery last week to repair torn meniscus cartilage in his left knee after playing with the injury all season.

He led South Medford to a 21-8 record and sixth place at the state tournament. He averaged 21.8 points and 10.8 rebounds per game.

Yet in addition to physical toughness -- Singler caught 49 passes for 690 yards for the Panthers' football team last fall -- he grew up enduring the constant struggle to keep up with his competitive brother and other older kids.

http://highschoolsports.oregonlive.com/ ... -the-year/
buckmarkduck
All-American

Re: EJ Singler 6A POY

Post by buckmarkduck »

Well deserved award for EJ, he worked his but off and believe it or not he played on a bum knee all year. I think he will bring some toughness to the Ducks next year, though I still think he would have helped UO out a lot more on the gridiron than on the hardwood but, that's his decision.
Mops
Four Star Recruit

Re: EJ Singler 6A POY

Post by Mops »

buckmarkduck wrote:Well deserved award for EJ, he worked his but off and believe it or not he played on a bum knee all year. I think he will bring some toughness to the Ducks next year, though I still think he would have helped UO out a lot more on the gridiron than on the hardwood but, that's his decision.
I agree in some of what you said. He could have been a good TE at the D1 level if he wanted to but I think he'd have a better career as a 4 year BCS SF than a 5 year BCS TE.