Page 1 of 3

LSU vs. BAMA

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:47 am
by Bud Lee
LSU defense is ranked 3rd in the country right now and has held opponents to an average of 14.6 points per game. The Tigers are by FAR the best defense that the Tide has faced all year. Last year, Bama was averaging 39 points per game before we played them in the regular season…they scored “6” against us. This year, Bama is averaging 40 points per game…hopefully they will once again struggle against our “D” and have problems finding the red zone.


Our offense has average 385 yards a game with the majority being made on the ground. Hopefully Ole Les has some trick up his sleeves to help put up some numbers against a very good Bama defense, and with two weeks to prepare I think he will. I’m thinking you will see a lot of “wild cat” with Spencer Ware in an attempt to offset their defense.
Lastly , the game is in Tiger Stadium…as Les will say a place where teams dreams come to die….it is going to be the very loud, very hostile an environment that Bama has not rolled into yet.


I’m optimistic…Tigers win by three in double overtime.

Re: LSU vs. BAMA

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:55 am
by DAT#6
Bud Lee wrote:LSU defense is ranked 3rd in the country right now and has held opponents to an average of 14.6 points per game. The Tigers are by FAR the best defense that the Tide has faced all year. Last year, Bama was averaging 39 points per game before we played them in the regular season…they scored “6” against us. This year, Bama is averaging 40 points per game…hopefully they will once again struggle against our “D” and have problems finding the red zone.


Our offense has average 385 yards a game with the majority being made on the ground. Hopefully Ole Les has some trick up his sleeves to help put up some numbers against a very good Bama defense, and with two weeks to prepare I think he will. I’m thinking you will see a lot of “wild cat” with Spencer Ware in an attempt to offset their defense.
Lastly , the game is in Tiger Stadium…as Les will say a place where teams dreams come to die….it is going to be the very loud, very hostile an environment that Bama has not rolled into yet.


I’m optimistic…Tigers win by three in double overtime.
I need a little something else to make me confident. Don't you guys have a great record in night games at home or something?

Re: LSU vs. BAMA

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:59 am
by Bud Lee
DAT#6 wrote:I need a little something else to make me confident. Don't you guys have a great record in night games at home or something?

We are on a 22 game at home winning streak.....and we have won 2 straight against Bama in the regular season and we have won 6 out of the past 10 meetings

Re: LSU vs. BAMA

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:07 am
by karlhungis
Bud Lee wrote:LSU defense is ranked 3rd in the country right now and has held opponents to an average of 14.6 points per game. The Tigers are by FAR the best defense that the Tide has faced all year. Last year, Bama was averaging 39 points per game before we played them in the regular season…they scored “6” against us. This year, Bama is averaging 40 points per game…hopefully they will once again struggle against our “D” and have problems finding the red zone.


Our offense has average 385 yards a game with the majority being made on the ground. Hopefully Ole Les has some trick up his sleeves to help put up some numbers against a very good Bama defense, and with two weeks to prepare I think he will. I’m thinking you will see a lot of “wild cat” with Spencer Ware in an attempt to offset their defense.
Lastly , the game is in Tiger Stadium…as Les will say a place where teams dreams come to die….it is going to be the very loud, very hostile an environment that Bama has not rolled into yet.


I’m optimistic…Tigers win by three in double overtime.
Isn't the wildcat only really useful if there is an actual threat that the RB can throw? Can Ware throw the ball? I just don't see how you guys will be able to put together any offense against Bama.

I know the home field advantage combined with the bi-week will really help LSU out but if your Defense can't force turnovers, I don't see you guys winning this game.

Re: LSU vs. BAMA

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:58 am
by DAT#6
Bud Lee wrote:
DAT#6 wrote:I need a little something else to make me confident. Don't you guys have a great record in night games at home or something?

We are on a 22 game at home winning streak.....and we have or 2-0 against Bama in the regular season and has won 6 out of the past 10 meetings
Good enough for me.

LSU 46 Bama 12

Re: LSU vs. BAMA

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:11 pm
by Bud Lee
karlhungis wrote:
Bud Lee wrote:LSU defense is ranked 3rd in the country right now and has held opponents to an average of 14.6 points per game. The Tigers are by FAR the best defense that the Tide has faced all year. Last year, Bama was averaging 39 points per game before we played them in the regular season…they scored “6” against us. This year, Bama is averaging 40 points per game…hopefully they will once again struggle against our “D” and have problems finding the red zone.


Our offense has average 385 yards a game with the majority being made on the ground. Hopefully Ole Les has some trick up his sleeves to help put up some numbers against a very good Bama defense, and with two weeks to prepare I think he will. I’m thinking you will see a lot of “wild cat” with Spencer Ware in an attempt to offset their defense.
Lastly , the game is in Tiger Stadium…as Les will say a place where teams dreams come to die….it is going to be the very loud, very hostile an environment that Bama has not rolled into yet.


I’m optimistic…Tigers win by three in double overtime.
Isn't the wildcat only really useful if there is an actual threat that the RB can throw? Can Ware throw the ball? I just don't see how you guys will be able to put together any offense against Bama.

I know the home field advantage combined with the bi-week will really help LSU out but if your Defense can't force turnovers, I don't see you guys winning this game.
Spencer Ware can actually throw the ball. He was a dual threat high school quarter back and if anything happened to Lee before JJ came back last year it is likely that Ware would have played QB.

The key to this game is simple, don't commit the stupid penalties, don't turn the ball over, and win the battle for field position. The problem is LSU has been terrible regarding the first two. Still, I have faith, we played very well against South Carolina and had some sparks against A&M. It is a uphill battle this week but we can do it.

Re: LSU vs. BAMA

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:17 pm
by karlhungis
Well, you guys have played a more difficult schedule which will also play in your favor.

Re: LSU vs. BAMA

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:23 pm
by duckfan22
I’m optimistic…Tigers win by three in double overtime.

Should be a great double overtime shoot out ...LSU 6 Alabama 3

Re: LSU vs. BAMA

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:12 pm
by Greenblood
Biggus Duckus wrote:Probably stupid of me to want LSU to win though, if they both win out then they will probably be #1 and #2 in front of any unbeaten teams.
no way no how

Re: LSU vs. BAMA

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:16 pm
by Greenblood
I actually didn't realize that the Tigers had a bye week advantage for this game. That, with maybe just a bit of the info in Bud's posts sprinkled in, has me feeling a little better about this game. Go Tigers!

(Of course, if LSU were to win, Bud would then turn his attention to hoping that any of the unbeatens start losing -- which might well still include the Ducks . . . ;))

Re: LSU vs. BAMA

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:30 pm
by UOducksTK1
LSU 23 Bama 16

I have faith!

Re: LSU vs. BAMA

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:34 pm
by duck55
UOducksTK1 wrote:LSU 23 Bama 16

I have faith!
Field goals are only 3 points each, so there must be a safety thrown into the mix here and there. 8-)

Re: LSU vs. BAMA

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:39 pm
by UOducksTK1
duck55 wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:LSU 23 Bama 16

I have faith!
Field goals are only 3 points each, so there must be a safety thrown into the mix here and there. 8-)
LSU's touchdowns come of off turnovers. I feel a ridiculously high scoring affair.

Re: LSU vs. BAMA

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:53 pm
by ncduck
UOducksTK1 wrote:
duck55 wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:LSU 23 Bama 16

I have faith!
Field goals are only 3 points each, so there must be a safety thrown into the mix here and there. 8-)
LSU's touchdowns come of off turnovers. I feel a ridiculously high scoring affair.
It's sad when 23-16 = ridiculously high scoring.

Re: LSU vs. BAMA

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:26 pm
by UOducksTK1
ncduck wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
duck55 wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:LSU 23 Bama 16

I have faith!
Field goals are only 3 points each, so there must be a safety thrown into the mix here and there. 8-)
LSU's touchdowns come of off turnovers. I feel a ridiculously high scoring affair.
It's sad when 23-16 = ridiculously high scoring.
Only in the SEC.