Page 1 of 2
Butch Jones to CU
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:13 pm
by buckmarkduck
Looks like a solid hire for the buffaloes, maybe he will get them started in the right direction.
Re: Butch Jones to CU
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:17 pm
by lukeyrid13
Didn't think they'd get a guy like him. Good for them
Re: Butch Jones to CU
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:34 pm
by OreDucks01284
not so fast
Pete Thamel @SIPeteThamel Just reached out to Butch Jones, who said any report of him taking the Colorado job is "absolutely false."
and Denver post pull off article abt butch jones to CU.
Re: Butch Jones to CU
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:02 pm
by Braveheart
Just when I was about to say this was a great hire.
Re: Butch Jones to CU
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:04 pm
by OreDucks01284
And now on LA Tech board saying that Dykes to CAL is confirmed or rumor to be true
Re: Butch Jones to CU
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:07 pm
by buckmarkduck
Good to see the Oregonian isn't the only irresponsible paper around these days.
Re: Butch Jones to CU
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:42 pm
by Braveheart
I think the Dykes rumor has legs. Supposedly, Banker is the leading candidate for USC's DC (I'd like that hire).
Re: Butch Jones to CU
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:01 pm
by buckmarkduck
Braveheart wrote:I think the Dykes rumor has legs. Supposedly, Banker is the leading candidate for USC's DC (I'd like that hire).
Hey at least your D would be great vs everyone not named Oregon or Arizona. He has never figured out how to slow down the spread.
Re: Butch Jones to CU
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:06 pm
by Phenom
Pretty good hires by the conference. Getting Peterson will be imperative if Chip leaves.
Re: Butch Jones to CU
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:17 pm
by buckmarkduck
Phenom wrote:Pretty good hires by the conference. Getting Peterson will be imperative if Chip leaves.
Why? Again our O is a Ferrari, by going after Peterson it would be like getting an Accord. I for one don't want a huddle or to run the old O again at Oregon.
Re: Butch Jones to CU
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:46 pm
by Phenom
buckmarkduck wrote:Phenom wrote:Pretty good hires by the conference. Getting Peterson will be imperative if Chip leaves.
Why? Again our O is a Ferrari, by going after Peterson it would be like getting an Accord. I for one don't want a huddle or to run the old O again at Oregon.
Peterson is a top 5 coach in the nation. Oregon is the only job he'll leave BSU for. You want to trust an unproven coordinator who wasn't that great before he got here to lead THIS program? It's like asking a kid straight out of college to be the CEO of Nike.
Peterson IS in Chip's class and wants to coach at Oregon. Why go for the unproven guy?
Re: Butch Jones to CU
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:01 pm
by Duck07
Phenom wrote:buckmarkduck wrote:Phenom wrote:Pretty good hires by the conference. Getting Peterson will be imperative if Chip leaves.
Why? Again our O is a Ferrari, by going after Peterson it would be like getting an Accord. I for one don't want a huddle or to run the old O again at Oregon.
Peterson is a top 5 coach in the nation. Oregon is the only job he'll leave BSU for. You want to trust an unproven coordinator who wasn't that great before he got here to lead THIS program?
It's like asking a kid straight out of college to be the CEO of Nike.
Peterson IS in Chip's class and wants to coach at Oregon. Why go for the unproven guy?
I'd be fine with Petersen as our HC and know that we wouldn't go back to the dark ages of Oregon football long, long ago but at the same time, both of those scenarios worked out AMAZING for Oregon. We had two guys named Phil Knight and Chip Kelly the last time we did that!

Re: Butch Jones to CU
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:06 pm
by Duck07

When Chip thinks that Helfrich is the guy to hire, I feel really comfortable that it will work. If it doesn't and in two years we can Helfrich its not like Petersen will have gone anywhere either.
Re: Butch Jones to CU
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:16 pm
by Phenom
I would be fine with Helfrich if Peterson wasn't willing. This guy is so good and wants this job bad. Would there be changes? Of course, but as long as he doesn't get rid of the key assistants like Campbell, we should be fine.
Re: Butch Jones to CU
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:29 pm
by Duck07
Phenom wrote:I would be fine with Helfrich if Peterson wasn't willing. This guy is so good and wants this job bad. Would there be changes? Of course, but as long as he doesn't get rid of the key assistants like Campbell, we should be fine.
This is news to me. I've heard that he'd be interested if Oregon was serious but I've seen nothing on the record that suggests that.