Page 1 of 1

Johnny Football Hysteria

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:21 am
by RanDux

Re: Johnny Football Hysteria

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:44 pm
by Phenom
His fanboys are nauseating, but at least he deserves it...unlike Teo.

Re: Johnny Football Hysteria

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:24 pm
by UofO8
He should win it. Complete and utter joke if Teo wins it.

Re: Johnny Football Hysteria

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:03 pm
by cordy02c
Manziel wins the heisman

Re: Johnny Football Hysteria

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:35 pm
by greenyellow
Really wish they'd give the award to a defensive player because it can't always be that the best player in CFB is a QB or RB.

Re: Johnny Football Hysteria

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:59 pm
by Phenom
greenyellow wrote:Really wish they'd give the award to a defensive player because it can't always be that the best player in CFB is a QB or RB.
Yeah too bad that's not Teo. He's not even the best defensive player on his team.

Re: Johnny Football Hysteria

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:28 pm
by UofO8
greenyellow wrote:Really wish they'd give the award to a defensive player because it can't always be that the best player in CFB is a QB or RB.
I'm all for a defensive player getting the award. If they deserve it. And no way in hell does Teo deserve the heisman. He's not even the best defensive player in the country, let alone the best player period.

Re: Johnny Football Hysteria

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:37 pm
by greenyellow
UofO8 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Really wish they'd give the award to a defensive player because it can't always be that the best player in CFB is a QB or RB.
I'm all for a defensive player getting the award. If they deserve it. And no way in hell does Teo deserve the heisman. He's not even the best defensive player in the country, let alone the best player period.
I'm okay with Teo not winning it, but the Heisman going only to a QB or RB is making the award to be like a glorified Doak Walker or Davey O'Brien Award. I guess it's been this way ever since the Heisman has started but I can't continue seeing it really being an award for the best player in all of CFB when it's only been awarded to offensive players. I don't really respect the Heisman Trophy any more with how it's awarded.

Re: Johnny Football Hysteria

Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:13 pm
by AutzenMember
Biggus Duckus wrote:I say this without any sort of bias or bitterness, but if Manziel stayed with Oregon he would be either a WR or backing up Mariota. It's hard for me to take him seriously as a Heisman winner when I know that.
He did say that going to Texas A&M was the best decision he ever made. Wonder if he was thinking the same thing...

Re: Johnny Football Hysteria

Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:06 pm
by buckmarkduck
AutzenMember wrote:
Biggus Duckus wrote:I say this without any sort of bias or bitterness, but if Manziel stayed with Oregon he would be either a WR or backing up Mariota. It's hard for me to take him seriously as a Heisman winner when I know that.
He did say that going to Texas A&M was the best decision he ever made. Wonder if he was thinking the same thing...

Doubtful, no competitor would ever think like that. He has to believe he's the best, or he can't do the things he does.

Re: Johnny Football Hysteria

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:29 pm
by UOducksTK1
Biggus Duckus wrote:Was hoping Klein would win it. It's ridiculous that he went from the frontrunner by a mile to a solid third place just by losing one game. That he didn't even play poorly in.
Kinda agree, and I was rooting for Klein also. But Manziel is deserving also. Really glad Lou Holtz didn't win.