I knew UF was not that impressive

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Post Reply
woundedknees
All-American
Posts: 12821
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:06 pm

I knew UF was not that impressive

Post by woundedknees »

but this is laughable.

SEC! SEC! is quickly becoming sec... sec?
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Image
rockthief
Senior
Posts: 4781
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:52 am
Location: Stand By Me

Re: I knew UF was not that impressive

Post by rockthief »

reserving my laughing or even smiling until we win tomorrow. We lose and the boom will be heard for thirty miles.
User avatar
Duck07
All-American
Posts: 17123
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: I knew UF was not that impressive

Post by Duck07 »

The Gators showed exactly who they are: excellent defensive team (only gave up 24 points) with an atrocious offense (10 points). UL played great defensively but the lack of an effective passing game hampers their offense.
Image
dthomas=ddixon
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8648
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: McMinnville, Oregon

Re: I knew UF was not that impressive

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Never bought into Florida. They play in the SEC so they were ranked about 10 spots higher than they ever should have been.
Image
Duck24
Senior
Posts: 4744
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:36 am
Location: Portland, OR

Re: I knew UF was not that impressive

Post by Duck24 »

Then what does that say about the PAC-12? Our conference champion struggled to beat the, at best, 3rd Big 10 team. I just said this in a different post, but I don't put as much into a bowl game as I do a game played in the regular season. The long breaks between the regular season and bowl games wreak havoc with things like rhythm and team momentum. I think if many of the bowl games were played, say 2 weeks after the end of the regular season, some of the results would be different.
rockthief
Senior
Posts: 4781
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:52 am
Location: Stand By Me

Re: I knew UF was not that impressive

Post by rockthief »

Ducks will big and maybe a shift will begin. I don't know. There is a lot of luck involved in this game
User avatar
Bud Lee
All Pac-12
Posts: 5541
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:03 am
Location: Da Boot

Re: I knew UF was not that impressive

Post by Bud Lee »

Duck24 wrote:Then what does that say about the PAC-12? Our conference champion struggled to beat the, at best, 3rd Big 10 team. I just said this in a different post, but I don't put as much into a bowl game as I do a game played in the regular season. The long breaks between the regular season and bowl games wreak havoc with things like rhythm and team momentum. I think if many of the bowl games were played, say 2 weeks after the end of the regular season, some of the results would be different.
I agree that a lot of these bowl games would have a different result if they were played right after the season or during for that matter.

I complete agree that the SEC is not as dominate this year as in the past, they are good just not as good. But saying we are bad because of three bowl losses is silly. Look at the PAC , The wins are not impressive given the opposition and the loses were pretty bad.
woundedknees
All-American
Posts: 12821
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:06 pm

Re: I knew UF was not that impressive

Post by woundedknees »

Far from saying the SEC is bad... Just looking at how the hype has been somewhat over blown for some teams.

BTW, anyone who seriously thought the PAC would win all their bowl games is obviously sniffing up the wrong tree, as well.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Image
User avatar
wheaton4prez
Senior
Posts: 3568
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: I knew UF was not that impressive

Post by wheaton4prez »

The amount of time between the last regular season game and the bowl games needs to change.
Post Reply