Page 1 of 1
Alabama Offers Eighth Grade QB
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:53 pm
by RanDux
Re: Alabama Offers Eighth Grade QB
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:48 pm
by ducksrock
Absurd....And pathetic at that...One funny post on the article stated this...."Most of the players on Bama only have an 8th grade education, so this kid should fit right in."
I did laugh at that statement, but the rest of the whole situation make me wanna puke....
Re: Alabama Offers Eighth Grade QB
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:51 pm
by AutzenMember
Is this kid really listed as a QB? His highlight reel only shows him as an RB on offense and he never threw the ball.
I'm only 5'9" and 200 lbs and run about a 5 flat 40, but I bet I could have a highlight reel just like that if I got to line up against middle schoolers. Word is that he actually should be a sophomore, so he's a man-child playing against little kids. Not that impressive. He was bigger than any of his lineman! He should be placed by age, not grade.
Re: Alabama Offers Eighth Grade QB
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:24 am
by Bud Lee
Way of modern recruiting, you want the best in the country start early. I don’t see the problem, hell it may help the kid out in the learn run. Gives him a reason to keep his grades up and his nose clean.
I'm pretty sure this kid is not the first to get an offer in Junior high, I seem to remember a non-SEC school doing something similar.
Re: Alabama Offers Eighth Grade QB
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:52 am
by Bud Lee
Biggus Duckus wrote:It's stupid. It doesn't matter if he's committed for four years if he switches his commitment the week before LOI day.
This is true...but....if you have him commit early and he stays true he can help you recruit. That is happens for us in the past with early commits. They become a big name in among other high school athletes and they will promote you and try to get other big names to enroll with them. Russell Shepard helped us a lot in that area.
Re: Alabama Offers Eighth Grade QB
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:02 pm
by UOducksTK1
Bud Lee wrote:Way of modern recruiting, you want the best in the country start early. I don’t see the problem, hell it may help the kid out in the learn run. Gives him a reason to keep his grades up and his nose clean.
I'm pretty sure this kid is not the first to get an offer in Junior high, I seem to remember a non-SEC school doing something similar.
Doesn't stop anyone from being lazy and/or an idiot. You'd think when people got a football scholarship, they'd stay clean and do well in school.
Anyway, this is just weird.
Re: Alabama Offers Eighth Grade QB
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:19 pm
by mdm0302
i laughed out loud when he launched that kid 10 yards in the air. thats messed up
Re: Alabama Offers Eighth Grade QB
Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:49 am
by mrpd21
I don't blame coaches for offering to try and get an edge on other teams....which is exactly why it should be illegal for kids to be contacted by colleges until junior year. i remember how i was in 8th grade...yikes...
Re: Alabama Offers Eighth Grade QB
Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:00 am
by Bud Lee
mrpd21 wrote:I don't blame coaches for offering to try and get an edge on other teams....which is exactly why it should be illegal for kids to be contacted by colleges until junior year. i remember how i was in 8th grade...yikes...
I'm good with them making no contact rule until a certain age, but until they do....keep trucking.
Re: Alabama Offers Eighth Grade QB
Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:14 am
by Phenom
Do you guys think he stays at QB? He's already freaking huge.
Re: Alabama Offers Eighth Grade QB
Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:50 am
by Bud Lee
Phenom wrote:Do you guys think he stays at QB? He's already freaking huge.
Doubt it, at that level you put your best athlete at QB, I think they are looking at him as a "athlete"