Lilard
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
-
thomas time
- Senior
- Posts: 4692
- Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:18 am
Lilard
wins rookie of the year, becoming only fourth guy to unanimously win it. I don't get how some people on oregonlive say hes overrated and won't do anything for the blazers, nice to see as the first headline on espn.com, Blazers' Lillard unanimous ROY, he's going to be a stud.
- Duck07
- All-American
- Posts: 17123
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 am
- Location: Parts Unknown
Re: Lilard
Its oregonlive.thomas time wrote:wins rookie of the year, becoming only fourth guy to unanimously win it. I don't get how some people on oregonlive say hes overrated and won't do anything for the blazers, nice to see as the first headline on espn.com, Blazers' Lillard unanimous ROY, he's going to be a stud.

-
oregontrack
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 5118
- Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:23 pm
Re: Lilard
haha you guys remember when roy finished one vote shy of a unanimous win in 2007 because a toronto beat writer voted for bargnani?
canadians. tsk, tsk.
canadians. tsk, tsk.





- UOducksTK1
- Site Admin

- Posts: 40591
- Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
- GM: Boston Celtics GM
- Location: Portland, Oregon
-
thomas time
- Senior
- Posts: 4692
- Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:18 am
Re: Lilard
Ya I remember the Toronto guy giving Bargnani, I was expecting N.O. to give Anthony one. I think CP got all but one that Deron got in 05 or 06.
- Duck07
- All-American
- Posts: 17123
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 am
- Location: Parts Unknown
Re: Lilard
I heard Monty talk about ROY a few weeks before the season ended and he was a Dame fan so if the coach is advocating for another guy, the writer must have conceded.thomas time wrote:Ya I remember the Toronto guy giving Bargnani, I was expecting N.O. to give Anthony one. I think CP got all but one that Deron got in 05 or 06.

- Duck07
- All-American
- Posts: 17123
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 am
- Location: Parts Unknown
- UOducksTK1
- Site Admin

- Posts: 40591
- Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
- GM: Boston Celtics GM
- Location: Portland, Oregon
-
oregontrack
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 5118
- Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:23 pm
Re: Lilard
love it.The Rookie of the Year trophy rested beside him, the product of a pretty jump shot, great court vision, steely poise, and an uncanny ability to finish at the rim. But his true greatness was revealed once the subject turned to his one weakness - defense.
His smile faded, his eyes narrowed and his words became more firm.
“When people say stuff about my defense, it bothers me,’’ Lillard said. “And I’m aware of it. It drives me. It lights a fire under me.’’
If that attitude and drive doesn’t convince Trail Blazers fans that the franchise is in good hands, maybe this will: The wheels are already in motion for Lillard to workout and study defense this summer under the tutelage of the greatest defensive point guard ever, Hall of Famer Gary Payton.





-
MontanaDuck
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 300
- Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:08 am
Re: Lilard
Lillard is a stud. I really enjoyed watching him play in the Big Sky Conference the last several years... & I enjoyed watching the Griz beat Weber even more. 
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
