ESPN Classic to re-play last years Oregon at Purdue game

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

gofightingducks
All Pac-12

ESPN Classic to re-play last years Oregon at Purdue game

Post by gofightingducks »

Every so often I check the schedule on ESPN Classic to see if they are playing any good games and tonight at 7PM Pacific time they are re-playing the Oregon/Purdue game from last year for anyone who is interested. I am going to DVR it and watch it later........ that was a great game!
goducks75
Four Star Recruit

Re: ESPN Classic to re-play last years Oregon at Purdue game

Post by goducks75 »

gofightingducks wrote:Every so often I check the schedule on ESPN Classic to see if they are playing any good games and tonight at 7PM Pacific time they are re-playing the Oregon/Purdue game from last year for anyone who is interested. I am going to DVR it and watch it later........ that was a great game!
Jairus Byrd's punt return that game was my favorite moment of the season. Such a good game and yet we played SOOOOOO bad for the first half of it.
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

Hahaha. That was such a great moment when Byrd dove into the end-zone. Looked like he might not make it.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

goducks75 wrote:
gofightingducks wrote:Every so often I check the schedule on ESPN Classic to see if they are playing any good games and tonight at 7PM Pacific time they are re-playing the Oregon/Purdue game from last year for anyone who is interested. I am going to DVR it and watch it later........ that was a great game!
Jairus Byrd's punt return that game was my favorite moment of the season. Such a good game and yet we played SOOOOOO bad for the first half of it.
No doubt, the Ducks were lucky they pulled their heads out that second half and Byrd's punt return changed the momentum. Had Purdue been a little bit better of a team the Ducks would have lost, similar to the Boise State game. Should be fun to re-watch though!
echo31
Five Star Recruit

Post by echo31 »

Had the wind not been crazy due to a hurricane Purdue's kicker probably would have won the game with a field goal.
gregspechtismyhero
Freshman

Post by gregspechtismyhero »

That game was probably one of my favorite memories. I had a few buddies over to watch it and we were pretty depressed for a while...until Byrd brought it back. We went online right then and learned the words to the Oregon fight song...
In Helfrich, Frost, and Allioti we trust
Image (USA Today Sports)
AIM: hockeygoalie923
whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Post by whosyourwally »

i was at this game. one of the most frustrating games ive seen oregon play. they were dead on offense until overtime and should have lost this game. the defense played their hearts out tho, and somehow we came all the way back. i think fate got back at them the next week tho.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

I watched some of it, and I was still nervous even though I was aware of what the outcome would be. While games like this are very exciting, I'm hoping for more blowout wins next season. These games almost give me a heart attack. :D
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

My typical negaduck self was telling me this game was over when it was 20-3... Thank goodness for Bird though!

Fantastic finish, one of the most exciting games for the ducks that year.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
jhopduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by jhopduck »

Blount force trauma for the score and the win. How many games like that have we lost? Nice to win one.
Man, defense earned their dues in that game!!!
Twitter: @JHopkins541

Email: duckterritoryjustin@gmail.com