Ex-Ducks NFL Status

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Re: Ex-Ducks NFL Status

Post by ducks5ever »

Phalanx wrote:
Duck07 wrote:That's a fan account, but Arthur Smith was extremely coy in his press conference about Marcus for someone who obviously knew about his situation as a lot of people were tweeting that Marcus walked away from the team/quit, etc.
I know we all love Marcus here, and this is a puzzling story given what we know about him. Fans are saying he quit on the team, and I suspect the opposite is true: the team is packing it in for the season in order to improve draft position and possibly draft a QB, so they are benching the better quarterback in favor of the rookie, and then justifying the move publicly by throwing Marcus under the bus. We'll see if that theory holds up or not.
Not really. He didn't have a great season in Atlanta this year. A lot of it had to do with the scheme and players available (in my opinion), but it still was not a great year for him. If he becomes a free agent, he's probably not going to be a hot commodity, especially with the injury history.

Then again, being a backup quarterback isn't so bad lol.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

KT doing KT things.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

ducks5ever wrote:
Phalanx wrote:
Duck07 wrote:That's a fan account, but Arthur Smith was extremely coy in his press conference about Marcus for someone who obviously knew about his situation as a lot of people were tweeting that Marcus walked away from the team/quit, etc.
I know we all love Marcus here, and this is a puzzling story given what we know about him. Fans are saying he quit on the team, and I suspect the opposite is true: the team is packing it in for the season in order to improve draft position and possibly draft a QB, so they are benching the better quarterback in favor of the rookie, and then justifying the move publicly by throwing Marcus under the bus. We'll see if that theory holds up or not.
Not really. He didn't have a great season in Atlanta this year. A lot of it had to do with the scheme and players available (in my opinion), but it still was not a great year for him. If he becomes a free agent, he's probably not going to be a hot commodity, especially with the injury history.

Then again, being a backup quarterback isn't so bad lol.
I'm not exactly sure what you are responding to. I never said Marcus was having a good year, I simply said he was the best option at QB. At the time the Atlanta coaches made the decision to bench Marcus, they were in the playoff hunt in their division, and they were about to play in a very winnable game. I think the management of the team decided to tank and go for the draft pick instead, but they needed an excuse, so they are throwing Marcus under the bus, conveniently saying he abandoned the team to make it look like they were forced to play the rookie. The rookie had an awful day yesterday, but they still almost won, and if Marcus had started and they had won, they would be tied for the division lead right now. With the loss, they are now at the bottom of the division and looking at a better draft pick. Mission accomplished.

I could be wrong; maybe Marcus really is too hurt to play. I just highly doubt he abandoned the team as the coach seems to be implying.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Not bad for a social media QB.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Sadly he's not going to throw for 30+ TDS this year which is going to break a few streaks of his that seemed like absolute locks.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

The Chargers need to upgrade and get younger at receiver. Imagine if Justin had Tua's receivers to throw to.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

He also needs a couple O linemen and an elusive RB
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Phalanx wrote:The Chargers need to upgrade and get younger at receiver. Imagine if Justin had Tua's receivers to throw to.

Just imagine if he didn’t have a trash OC?
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

I think his immediate need is an OL with depth, Buckner was in Herbert’s face at will and he is also getting rushed and sacked way too often.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

According to PFF, Herbert has had the worst supporting cast in the league. I’m not a fan of Staley, and think Herbert is excelling despite playing for two very mediocre head coaches.
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

greenyellow wrote:KT doing KT things.
KT really masked how bad our DL group and coaches were. Just like how Herbert masked how bad some units and coaches were and made mediocre units and coaches look like all-americans and all conference coaches.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Had to laugh at this headline: Derek Carr 'Steps Away' from Raiders to Avoid Obvious Distractions.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-der ... 02741.html

Not hard to see the difference between this and the situation with team messaging from the Falcons with Marcus. Seems fairly clear there was an agenda.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »