Oregonian Spring Game report...

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

woundedknees
All-American

Oregonian Spring Game report...

Post by woundedknees »

http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindducksb ... ed_wi.html

Barner, although he was the game's leading rusher with 54 yards on 10 carries, said he's still a defensive player, and Kelly agreed.

"That's where my loyalties are," Barner said. "I came here as a DB, and I think that's where I'll be come fall."

Kelly said his job is to put the 22 best players on the field, as opposed to the 11 he had to concern himself with as offensive coordinator. Barner figures to provide the best fit at cornerback, when LaMichael James (shoulder), Remene Alston (foot) and Andre Crenshaw (hamstring) return come fall.

Kelly knew there was little he could do for the offensive line this spring. The real competition will come this fall, but on Saturday, Kelly looked like a kid at recess. He held the ball for a 10-year-old fan trying to kick it through the uprights at halftime (it was good). And he was the last person on the field, long after the game ended and all the autograph seekers were satisfied.

On a side note, the "lil' bro's" had a 'peewee game' yesterday, as well...

http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindbeaver ... o_a_h.html

"OSU spring 'game' turns into a highlight show by the defense", or, "Offense? What Offense?"

"It was impossible to get a read on the offense with tailback Jacquizz Rodgers and flanker James Rodgers not playing."

So, what the writer is saying, is if the Rodgers Bo's are 'No-Show', the Beaver "O" is 'No-Go"...

Funny... I always thought football was a TEAM sport!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Re: Oregonian Spring Game report...

Post by gofightingducks »

I think it is funny that 12,000+ fans showed up in the downpour to watch the Ducks spring game and just a little over 5,000 showed up to watch the Beavers! Funny that they only pack the house when they played the Ducks because they though they were going to the Rose Bowl!
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Re: Oregonian Spring Game report...

Post by gofightingducks »

Still, Riley saw enough this spring to proclaim, "I think we're going to be stout against the run again.''

Haha I though this was funny too, They weren't too stout against the Ducks running attack of Blount and JJ last year!!!!!