Page 1 of 1

AD Smith's Comments on Brown Transfer..WOW

Posted: Thu May 28, 2009 5:48 pm
by northbeachsf

Re: AD Smith's Comments on Brown Transfer..WOW

Posted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:27 pm
by duckgrad99
I agree with him. It's wrong to just run your players out of town, whether they are getting the job done or not.

Re: AD Smith's Comments on Brown Transfer..WOW

Posted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:29 pm
by Tray Dub
It is possible he wanted to leave, unless he said otherwise and I missed that. Or if he wasn't putting total effort in. Since we don't know the situation, it's pretty dumb to criticize people for what they might've done.

Re: AD Smith's Comments on Brown Transfer..WOW

Posted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:00 pm
by Boom
Tray Dub wrote:It is possible he wanted to leave, unless he said otherwise and I missed that. Or if he wasn't putting total effort in. Since we don't know the situation, it's pretty dumb to criticize people for what they might've done.
I'm sure Kent forced his hand a little. I agree with A.D. Kent trades out players to often for my liking.

Re: AD Smith's Comments on Brown Transfer..WOW

Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:17 am
by Tray Dub
Boom wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:It is possible he wanted to leave, unless he said otherwise and I missed that. Or if he wasn't putting total effort in. Since we don't know the situation, it's pretty dumb to criticize people for what they might've done.
I'm sure Kent forced his hand a little. I agree with A.D. Kent trades out players to often for my liking.
What makes you sure?

Re: AD Smith's Comments on Brown Transfer..WOW

Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 2:10 am
by Boom
Tray Dub wrote: What makes you sure?
Did you read A.D Smith's comments?

"Brown has often been quoted as loving Eugene and his teammates, and his “choice” to leave came only after Oregon told him another JC point guard was coming in. On what scholarship I ask, if Brown doesn’t “choose” to leave?"
Tray Dub wrote:It is possible he wanted to leave, unless he said otherwise and I missed that. Or if he wasn't putting total effort in. Since we don't know the situation, it's pretty dumb to criticize people for what they might've done.
Imo opinion you have to be vary naive to think Ernie didn't play a significant role into Brown transfering.

Re: AD Smith's Comments on Brown Transfer..WOW

Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 6:56 am
by northbeachsf
Tray Dub wrote:
Boom wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:It is possible he wanted to leave, unless he said otherwise and I missed that. Or if he wasn't putting total effort in. Since we don't know the situation, it's pretty dumb to criticize people for what they might've done.
I'm sure Kent forced his hand a little. I agree with A.D. Kent trades out players to often for my liking.
What makes you sure?
Past experience too. I wonder if other players have been traded out like Manlove, McShane, Quinine, Larry, etc. McShane was pretty vocal about EK not wanting him, but it almost seemed like a personal attack at the time. Rosemond got the "I have 6 guards coming back and you are 6th on the depth chart" speach that was well documented in the media. Maybe it was not a true swap with Brown, but something similar. Funny that Rosemond works for EK now.

Re: AD Smith's Comments on Brown Transfer..WOW

Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 7:36 am
by Tray Dub
I'm not saying EK didn't, just that we don't really know what went on. Yeah it's possible he forced him out, and if he did, I have a big problem with that. But we really don't know if Brown wanted to leave. I don't think he has been quoted saying he's loving Eugene or anything in a while. So call me naive, but I'm not rushing to judgement about EK on this.

Re: AD Smith's Comments on Brown Transfer..WOW

Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:56 pm
by dthomas=ddixon
Just Brown's comments made it obvious that he was being pushed out. He even said his main reason for leaving was the fact that they were bringinng in another PG.....ON HIS SCHOLARSHIP! That is an absolutely terrible thing to do. You recruited this kid & sold him on this school, you don't get to just dump him when he's not playing up to your expectations. Another example of Kent throwing someone under the bus to save his own sorry butt. Mark Hudson anyone?

Re: AD Smith's Comments on Brown Transfer..WOW

Posted: Sun May 31, 2009 10:45 am
by gofightingducks
And yet Kent continues on as the head coach. Just add this to reasons of why he should be fired.

Re: AD Smith's Comments on Brown Transfer..WOW

Posted: Sun May 31, 2009 6:05 pm
by nogerO
gofightingducks wrote:And yet Kent continues on as the head coach. Just add this to reasons of why he should be fired.
Amen brother. :roll:

Re: AD Smith's Comments on Brown Transfer..WOW

Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:42 am
by briarduck
While I don't agree the way it played out...College Sports is a business like it or not and this was a business type move (and they aren't always popular). Scholarships are renewable every year but the schools hold the right to pull them (by my knowledge) if they see fit for many reasons...its sad that Brown got let go but this is the nature of the beast lets just hope it works better for him!

And although I was on the band wagon to run EK outa of town, this would have happened with any coach in any program! Last year was a disaster or Beaver proportions! (well maybe not that bad...lol)

GO DUCKS!!