Coach Azz Article... Fun read!

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

woundedknees
All-American

Coach Azz Article... Fun read!

Post by woundedknees »

http://www.solarducknews.com/1st%20day%20preseason.html

It seemed a good start and Jerry Azzinaro lives up to his "firey" reputation witnessed first hand.
According to previous news releases coach Azzinaro has had 25 years of practice yelling..Go coach!.

"I've had 25 years of practice,'' Azzinaro said. "But it's easy when you have a group of guys like this that like to work. That's the most important thing.''

"Azz is just what Oregon needed from D.line coach, a good teacher, a fired up personality. Azz's voice can be heard most all practice long , that voice : ) it is SURE TO get your attention."

"(Azzinaro) has a lot of enthusiasm, but he doesn't put anybody down,'' said Montgomery, who said he has learned a lot in the past few weeks about stance and striking. "He's really passionate about it, and he really wants you to get it. He just brings a lot of technique.''

"One guy didnt get the memo to chill out, though. While head coach Chip Kelly and defensive coordinator Nick Aliotti were already nursing hoarse voices, first-year defensive line coach Jerry Azzinaro provided no reprieve to his vocal chords. The intensity was written in Azzinaro's face even afterward, his eyes still ablaze as most everybody else was still rubbing sleep from theirs."

Azzinaro coaches like a man possessed, and he demands hard work and constant energy from his players.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

freedjr
Four Star Recruit

Re: Coach Azz Article... Fun read!

Post by freedjr »

I love Azz. So far, he is my favorite addition to Oregon's staff. I love how he jumps in there!
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

WOW, he may prove to be a bigger addition to our team than I thought he was.. Maybe with that bad boy rep oregon will really start to get even more attention from the defensive linemen we need.
like i said in another post if our defense really starts to shine and or offense keeps shining we will be the scariest team in the pack 10 usc will no longer be a given in the rest of the nations eyes. Of course this is a ways off but it is fun to daydream about!!
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

The thing a lot of people don't realize, is Azz is in it because he loves the game... His wife is V-P of a major bank, IIRC, and he isn't in need of $$$... Just personal satisfaction.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!