http://www.collegeinjuryreport.com/inju ... t.php?vw=O

D. Weems SO & T. Fox FR (RS) are next in line @ Left Tackle
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Re: Bo Thran Questionable for Boise State

Post by GrandpaDuck »

duck55 wrote:http://www.collegeinjuryreport.com/inju ... t.php?vw=O

D. Weems SO & T. Fox FR (RS) are next in line @ Left Tackle
Not necessarily. Greatwood will shift the positions to get the best 5 out there. For example if he thinks Nick Cody is more ready than Weems, he'll shift Cody over to the left side, he has already done this a lot in prcatice when Thran sits out. He might even do a two fer shuffle. If for example he though Charmichael was more prepared then either Weems or Cody, he might move Asper to Tackle (where he started in the Holiday bowl and start Charmichael at guard.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Dang not a good time to have OL health problems..

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Doesn't it seem like the positions we needed the most off-season work on have been hit the hardest with injuries, and "the virus"?

Instead of things being more clear by now, one starting wide Receiver, 3 positions on the offensive line, 2 DB spots and one DT are still a mystery. Heck we don't even know if the Tazer package will start the game or the Slots.

Maybe we should have one of those fun Prediction threads on the starting lineups. I wonder if anyone would do as well as getting 20 out of 22 right.
MacDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by MacDuck »

GrandpaDuck wrote:Doesn't it seem like the positions we needed the most off-season work on have been hit the hardest with injuries, and "the virus"?

Instead of things being more clear by now, one starting wide Receiver, 3 positions on the offensive line, 2 DB spots and one DT are still a mystery. Heck we don't even know if the Tazer package will start the game or the Slots.

Maybe we should have one of those fun Prediction threads on the starting lineups. I wonder if anyone would do as well as getting 20 out of 22 right.
For the most part I like our schedule, but the one part I don't is opening at BSU. Would much rather have Purdue as the opener at Autzen and then travel to Boise. Tough way to break in a lot of inexperienced players. On the flip side: beat the hated Broncos; move up in the polls and get a very difficult test out of the way.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

MacDuck wrote: For the most part I like our schedule, but the one part I don't is opening at BSU. Would much rather have Purdue as the opener at Autzen and then travel to Boise. Tough way to break in a lot of inexperienced players. On the flip side: beat the hated Broncos; move up in the polls and get a very difficult test out of the way.
I absolutely hate playing BSU first, like I hated playing a conference game as the opener last year. If God didn't want you to open the season against a cupcake, he wouldn't have invented them.
echo31
Five Star Recruit

Post by echo31 »

GrandpaDuck wrote:
MacDuck wrote: For the most part I like our schedule, but the one part I don't is opening at BSU. Would much rather have Purdue as the opener at Autzen and then travel to Boise. Tough way to break in a lot of inexperienced players. On the flip side: beat the hated Broncos; move up in the polls and get a very difficult test out of the way.
I absolutely hate playing BSU first, like I hated playing a conference game as the opener last year. If God didn't want you to open the season against a cupcake, he wouldn't have invented them.
It was only 3 years ago that we opened against Stanford, and no one was worried about that conference opener.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Wasn't the Stanford opener a schedule shift to get an ABC game? Portland State ended up in the middle of the schedule.

It sure didn't work out for Oregon State last year opening with Stanford. If they had opened with a cupcake instead they would have figured out that Quizz > McCants against non-conference and their path to Rose Bowl might have not required them beating the Ducks.
monster
Four Star Recruit

Post by monster »

I kind of like opening against Boise. For one, it'll be a thrill. Two, teams like Boise and Utah win big games by going out and near-flawlessly executing their gameplan. But in the first game of the season, the accumulated rust of the off-season always shows; this, in my opinion, increases the worth of superior athletes. Since Boy-crazie State cannot match our talent level - I like playing them in the first week, before they re-acclimate to the game and work out the kinks. Dig?
MacDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by MacDuck »

monster wrote:I kind of like opening against Boise. For one, it'll be a thrill. Two, teams like Boise and Utah win big games by going out and near-flawlessly executing their gameplan. But in the first game of the season, the accumulated rust of the off-season always shows; this, in my opinion, increases the worth of superior athletes. Since Boy-crazie State cannot match our talent level - I like playing them in the first week, before they re-acclimate to the game and work out the kinks. Dig?
I still don't like opening at BSU, but you do make some insightful points.
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

I like it. The high stakes are nerve-wracking. But, that's what it's all about, isn't it?
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

First game of the season is always a gamble. I would much rather cut our teeth on a team like BSU than a team like Indiana. If we lose to a top team it will hurt us a lot less in the long run. I think it also really helps the team focus in the offseason. It is one thing if we didn't have the talent to hang with a top team and we were going to get blown out for a paycheck, but if we have the horses... I am all for us getting tested out of the gate. We need an extraordinary schedule to get an invite to the title game, so scheduling a creampuff would be likely as detrimental as a loss to a highly rated team.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
duck55
Senior

Post by duck55 »

karlhungis wrote: We need an extraordinary schedule to get an invite to the title game, so scheduling a creampuff would be likely as detrimental as a loss to a highly rated team.
So true for teams like Oregon, yet not for others ... i.e...Ohio State, Notre Dame (Lou Holtz NC contenders because of their schedule)...