Barkley named Starting QB at USC

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

tonyd
Three Star Recruit

Re: Barkley named Starting QB at USC

Post by tonyd »

echo31 wrote:I'm more worried about USC's defense than their offense. They have the speed and athleticism to slow our spread way down. Last year, after the first drive of the game, they pretty much stopped us from moving the ball, holding us to 239 total yards. In 2007, with Dixon, we beat them, but we only scored 24 points and had only 339 yards total offense.
They only return 4 starters from last year though, and two of their starting DL are dinged up with a starting DT out for 6 weeks. Sure they have the talent to be pretty good but they will not be as good as last year, plus that was a bad situation for Oregon with USC playing at home coming off the OSU loss.
echo31
Five Star Recruit

Post by echo31 »

tonyd wrote:
echo31 wrote:I'm more worried about USC's defense than their offense. They have the speed and athleticism to slow our spread way down. Last year, after the first drive of the game, they pretty much stopped us from moving the ball, holding us to 239 total yards. In 2007, with Dixon, we beat them, but we only scored 24 points and had only 339 yards total offense.
They only return 4 starters from last year though, and two of their starting DL are dinged up with a starting DT out for 6 weeks. Sure they have the talent to be pretty good but they will not be as good as last year, plus that was a bad situation for Oregon with USC playing at home coming off the OSU loss.
That's understandable, but until USC's defense shows any signs of being down, I am going to assume that the new guys are pretty good. The tOSU game should be a pretty good barometer, maybe Pryor can give our coaches some ideas on how to best attack their defense with a mobile QB..
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

By the time they come to Autz they should have any and all problems with their D figured out (if they dont already)... unless they suffer some major losses due to injury I dont see them having any trouble on D at all this season...

GO DUCKS

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK