Kick Blount off the team

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

ARGHimaPirate
Three Star Recruit

Re: Kick Blount off the team

Post by ARGHimaPirate »

On top of Blount being an idiot why did he have to flash dance before every hand off he recieved? Did he have a flash back to 1920?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

ARGHimaPirate wrote:On top of Blount being an idiot why did he have to flash dance before every hand off he recieved? Did he have a flash back to 1920?
What are you talking about?
AutzenMember
Five Star Recruit

Post by AutzenMember »

He's talking about the dancing feet of Blount during the snap count
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Okay, I did see that but didn't make anything of it. I was too busy noticing how poor the snaps were to Masoli. They just threw off the timing of the plays so much.
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

CK needs to dismiss Blount from the team....Right Now.....Otherwise, considering the animalistic behavior after the punch, the NCAA will no doubt weigh in.....And I strongly doubt that they will do anything but give LB the big boot anyway....Which is justified...IMO...
Better for the U to do what is right instead of having the NCAA become involved...
This is the worst lack of sportmanship that I have witnessed in my 40 years of being a Duck Fan...
GOOOOOO DUCKS...Time to move on, less Blount
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

From the looks of this thread, this might be an unpopular opinion. But, I don't think Blount should be off the team at all. I think that there are others that share responsibility here. Should he be punished? Yes. We need to hold the highest standard possible. But, the Bronco got physical with him while talking crap in his face after a hard fought game. It may have been intended as a "tap" or whatever. But, you don't get a free pass if you're getting into peoples space like that.

Then, it looks to me like that dude in the white hat in the BSU crowd calls him the N word. If I'm seeing that correctly, enough said.
Brophdog88
Senior
GM: Denver Nuggets

Post by Brophdog88 »

Gosterman, it might be time to change that sig to Legarrette Blount Head Hunter...he's proven it......
Denver Nuggets DASL GM
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

wheaton4prez wrote:From the looks of this thread, this might be an unpopular opinion. But, I don't think Blount should be off the team at all. I think that there are others that share responsibility here. Should he be punished? Yes. We need to hold the highest standard possible. But, the Bronco got physical with him while talking crap in his face after a hard fought game. It may have been intended as a "tap" or whatever. But, you don't get a free pass if you're getting into peoples space like that.

Then, it looks to me like that dude in the white hat in the BSU crowd calls him the N word. If I'm seeing that correctly, enough said.
Sorry, but :lol: ... That was a punch. The highest standard is to have zero tolerance for s*** like that. So if you mean it when you say we should hold our players to the standard possible, then you can't logically say he shouldn't be off the team.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

The only way that Blount reacts that way is if the fans were saying some really derogatory comments either about Blount or his family. Most players I've seen don't react to comments like "You Suck" or "Go Home." Fans need to have some restraint to in their taunts. Being at a game doesn't give you the right to act like an a**hole. I think that sports and their fans have sunk to lows that shouldn't be tolerated by the general fan base.
jasnwip
Two Star Recruit

Post by jasnwip »

Wheaton,

I respect your opinions but trust me when I tell you, you have know choice but to kick Blount off of this team. It will tear apart the validity of our program, hurt recruiting, and give know credibility to Chip. He is an adult and could be arrested for his actions. We must not forget it is an honor to play big time college football not a right. He blew it and it's not his first time. Please fellow Duck fans look at this correctly, we must not allow this behavior or our program will be knocked back 20 years. As a father if my child was thinking about going to Oregon and I didn't know what I know about the program this would keep me from allowing him to go. It looked like a huge lack of disicpline and that starts at the top. The only was to fix it is to act NOW and dismiss him.
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

jasnwip wrote:Wheaton,

I respect your opinions but trust me when I tell you, you have know choice but to kick Blount off of this team. It will tear apart the validity of our program, hurt recruiting, and give know credibility to Chip. He is an adult and could be arrested for his actions. We must not forget it is an honor to play big time college football not a right. He blew it and it's not his first time. Please fellow Duck fans look at this correctly, we must not allow this behavior or our program will be knocked back 20 years. As a father if my child was thinking about going to Oregon and I didn't know what I know about the program this would keep me from allowing him to go. It looked like a huge lack of disicpline and that starts at the top. The only was to fix it is to act NOW and dismiss him.
AGREED 100%......
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

wheaton4prez wrote:From the looks of this thread, this might be an unpopular opinion. But, I don't think Blount should be off the team at all. I think that there are others that share responsibility here. Should he be punished? Yes. We need to hold the highest standard possible. But, the Bronco got physical with him while talking crap in his face after a hard fought game. It may have been intended as a "tap" or whatever. But, you don't get a free pass if you're getting into peoples space like that.

I agree with you, I really do. Problem is, the public perception & image of this program is much more important. If he isn't booted, we will get KILLED in the media. It would damage our program so so much.

I honestly just feel bad for him. To see him lose it like that & realize as its happening "This guys career is over". Just sad IMO.
Autzenoise
Five Star Recruit

Post by Autzenoise »

jasnwip wrote:Wheaton,

100% agree with your post and how you explained what I wanted to say :)
"Canzano is to sports, what Jerry Springer is to news…"
Brophdog88
Senior
GM: Denver Nuggets

Post by Brophdog88 »

Espn just interviewed Kelly, he said he hasn't seen it, he was trying to find Peterson to congratulate him (ironically he must not have noticed Peterson was right there.) He said we'll review it and take appropriate action, thats not Oregon, we don't condone that, I'll talk with him (he had not yet talked to him) and we'll discuss the situation
Denver Nuggets DASL GM
lawduck
Two Star Recruit

Post by lawduck »

I agree with those saying it seems rash to call for him to be thrown off the team. If you look at the whole sequence of events, you can see what led to it. The last play resulted with Blount near the BSU bench. Just as they cut away you can see him getting swarmed by the BSU team. Then, as he is getting away from it all that punk comes up and slaps his helmet (it looks like) and shoves him. You can see why Blount would have felt defensive and threatened. After that it was all an adrenalin thing. Some punishment is necessary, but getting kicked off the team would be way too harsh. Too bad all that is shown on the news in the punch.
Last edited by lawduck on Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.