The only bright side of this game...

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

OregonMAX
Three Star Recruit

The only bright side of this game...

Post by OregonMAX »

Jackson Rice looked pretty impressive, unfourtunately he got a lot of action.
"Huard's gonna go back to throw the ball. Sets up, looks, throws towards the corner of the endzone. It is... INTERCEPTED! INTERCEPTED! THE DUCKS HAVE THE BALL! Down to the 35! The 40! KENNY WHEATON'S GONNA SCORE!!! KENNY WHEATON'S GONNA SCORE!!! 20! THE 10! TOUCHDOWN!!! KENNY WHEATON, AN INTERCEPTION!!! THE MOST IMPROBABLE FINISH TO A FOOTBALL GAME!!!"
greenyellow

Re: The only bright side of this game...

Post by greenyellow »

Knowing the punting is in good hands (and legs) has taken one of my worries about this team away.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

And I was pleased with our D... And Paulson had a big catch. That's not a lot of silver lining, but that's all I can think of.
Mops
Four Star Recruit

Post by Mops »

Jackson Rice was a very big positive for the Ducks. He showed time and time again he could be relied upon to boom 50+ yard punts. Nice to have.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I thought the funniest moment of the game happened when that punt hit off the BSU player's helmet and bounced another 30 yards. I just thought that the punter had hit a nice ball, but the replay showed how he got that extra yardage.
OregonMAX
Three Star Recruit

Post by OregonMAX »

greenyellow wrote:I thought the funniest moment of the game happened when that punt hit off the BSU player's helmet and bounced another 30 yards. I just thought that the punter had hit a nice ball, but the replay showed how he got that extra yardage.
I noticed it without the replay
I was really scared with how bad the officiating (and camerawork) up to that point in the game was, that nobody would catch it.
It was funny though, what are the odds of that happening, I'd imagine less than a hole in one in golf
"Huard's gonna go back to throw the ball. Sets up, looks, throws towards the corner of the endzone. It is... INTERCEPTED! INTERCEPTED! THE DUCKS HAVE THE BALL! Down to the 35! The 40! KENNY WHEATON'S GONNA SCORE!!! KENNY WHEATON'S GONNA SCORE!!! 20! THE 10! TOUCHDOWN!!! KENNY WHEATON, AN INTERCEPTION!!! THE MOST IMPROBABLE FINISH TO A FOOTBALL GAME!!!"
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

LMJ was VERY impressive. By far our best offensive player.

Liked what I saw out of Ward and Paysinger...I hope Ward is okay. The defense was okay...but Boise could've easily scored more points. They were almost as bad as us.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

OregonMAX wrote:
greenyellow wrote:I thought the funniest moment of the game happened when that punt hit off the BSU player's helmet and bounced another 30 yards. I just thought that the punter had hit a nice ball, but the replay showed how he got that extra yardage.
I noticed it without the replay
I was really scared with how bad the officiating (and camerawork) up to that point in the game was, that nobody would catch it.
It was funny though, what are the odds of that happening, I'd imagine less than a hole in one in golf
If that play had ended up differently, at least people couldn't say that the Pac-10 has bad officials since the officiating crew was from the WAC.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Phenom wrote:LMJ was VERY impressive. By far our best offensive player.
Just curious, what did you see out of LMJ? He had two carries for 22 yards. Not bad, but not enough to make a real judgment about him IMO.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Tray Dub wrote:
Phenom wrote:LMJ was VERY impressive. By far our best offensive player.
Just curious, what did you see out of LMJ? He had two carries for 22 yards. Not bad, but not enough to make a real judgment about him IMO.
Didn't he catch some balls two? Or was that Barner?

Either way they both looked good. In limited action of course.
Greydrake
Four Star Recruit

Post by Greydrake »

Rice was GREAT for his first action, the defense showed spunk and good potential.
It had to be disheartening for the D' but they gave the team at least a chance win heads up play in responding to BSU miscues to win this game. As pathethic as the offense was, to think the team was in a position to pull this out in late in the game was an rather unbelievable set of circumstances but it could have happened.
(Trying to look at this mess in a half full perspective)
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

I thought Kenny Rowe & Casey Matthews looked pretty good. I'm not sure what happened with the offense we used to run.......you know, the spread????? This is just the first game, so I am hopeful we build from here.

I will say this again.......WHOEVER SCHEDULED BOISE STATE AS OUR FIRST GAME IS STUPID!!!! There, I said it. I thought it was a bad idea to begin with and I'm sticking to it.
Greydrake
Four Star Recruit

Post by Greydrake »

These schedules are set so far in advance,...who know the status of teams 6-7 years out. Texas A & M could be a powerhouse in 2017...who knows.
Rather we face quality opponents then an SEC cupcake schedule...if the team is good they will win even in tough openers.

That being said, as a fan we all have high hopes for the success of a team at the start of the season, that it comes crashing down (in a major flop in this case), oh well,...deal with it, temper your expectations cheer the kids on, and hope they can turn the events into something positive, get their act together and start executing as necessary to win games.