Please more Lamichael James next week and in the future

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Please more Lamichael James next week and in the future

Post by duckgrad99 »

Regardless of what happens to Blount. Everyone agree? And how about James returning kickoffs? I think he can be a Darren Sproles type player, and the rest of the team looked as slow as a turtle compared to him.
ducksin2010
Four Star Recruit

Re: Please more Lamichael James next week and in the future

Post by ducksin2010 »

2 carries in the game for 22 yards... maybe he should touch the ball more?
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

I think we see a lot of him, particularly now in the Purdue game. Blount's actions might end up being a good thing. I think there was too much hype and pressure on him to succeed and I don't think he could have handled it, better to find that out early on.
alabamaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by alabamaduck »

I don't think Blount's actions could or should ever be described as "a good thing"
hjpop
Four Star Recruit

Post by hjpop »

I agree. He was one of the few bright spots in the offensive side of the ball (including Dickson, which ESPN and the rest of the country wondered why wasn't getting the ball thrown to him more, and Maehl, for trying to get all the desparate shots Masoli was slinging to him) and definitely looked in better shape than Blount. Hopefully now, he and Crenshaw/Alston will get more carries...we need to help our QB out!

(Also, it's a good thing that Blount's actions now open it up for others, maybe that's what they meant?)
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

alabamaduck wrote:I don't think Blount's actions could or should ever be described as "a good thing"
What I mean is if anything good is to come of his actions is more playing time for LMJ and probably Barner which could result in something great, whereas with Blount playing the team may have leaned on him too much and from what I saw last night he is unable to handle that kind of pressure.
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

I am starting to think that a thunder back isnt that big of a deal in this program though. We seem to have much more success with a fast shifty back that hits the holes and goes.
blackjack17
Three Star Recruit

Post by blackjack17 »

James was a top performer yesterday, that doesn't say much but it says something.
echo31
Five Star Recruit

Post by echo31 »

James will still need the O-Line to open running lanes for him
midwestduck82
Three Star Recruit

Post by midwestduck82 »

It looks like we will be seeing more of him next week if he is our starting halfback.

I can't believe that we only ran the ball ten times and one of them was on 3rd & 18. Two years of being a premiere rushing team then completely stray from the system by going with four WRs for most of the game. Chip needs to get his head right.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I think that Kelly has no choice but to use James as the feature back now. Crenshaw didn't play at all due to his injury so we don't know how effective he'll be this year. We don't know what's going on with Alston so we can't count on him either. I don't expect Barner to be the feature back since he just moved over to RB. We just now have to hope that James can stand up to being a feature back with no credible back-up. Oregon is almost in the same position now that OSU was in last year: one good young RB from Texas with no back-ups that you can count on. Kelly had better find a way to move the ball or we are in for a long season (can anybody say repeat of 2005?)
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

I realize he didn't want to be here, but right now, it's too bad Chris Harper was so desperate to be a Quarterback...
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!