Page 1 of 9
Bye Bye Blount
Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:43 pm
by uodux1212
Re: Bye Bye Blount
Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:46 pm
by Tray Dub
Well, that's it. I'm glad. Our program is more important than any one individual.
Re: Bye Bye Blount
Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:46 pm
by GoDucksIn09
You beat me to it UODUX.. I am very relieved. LEGARRET BLOUNT IS DONE TOAST
I applaud the unviersity for making the right decision.
Re: Bye Bye Blount
Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:54 pm
by seniorduck
Well atleast they didnt drag this out.... He is gone, Now lets get refocused on the Season that is far from over....
Re: Bye Bye Blount
Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:56 pm
by duckstheword
From espn:
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4446898
I'm glad he's gone. No excuse for that behavior.
Re: Bye Bye Blount
Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:57 pm
by uodux1212
I am sooooooo glad they didnt pussy-foot around with this.... dropping the axe on him was the only thing they could have done... he left them no choice...
BRUTAL
Re: Bye Bye Blount
Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:04 pm
by greenyellow
Too bad about Blount, but Kelly and the University had to deal with it so it sends a message that this type of behavior is not tolerated. This makes getting RBs in recruiting more of a priority than ever before.
Re: Bye Bye Blount
Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:11 pm
by hjpop
It's sad to see an Oregon player put out to pasture early but with his off-season problems and this latest black-eye to the program, it was not that hard to see coming. I applaud Kelly and the staff for making the decision. I wish Blount all the best but it's time to let those on the team to grow up and shine.
Re: Bye Bye Blount
Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:12 pm
by duckgrad99
Tough, tough break, but I cannot say I'm surprised. It's time to see what this team is made of now, and it's time for James and others to shine.
Re: Bye Bye Blount
Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:19 pm
by duckgrad99
Now how important was it for Oregon to not recruit a running back for this season?
Re: Bye Bye Blount
Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:19 pm
by Tray Dub
duckgrad99 wrote:Now how important was it for Oregon to not recruit a running back for this season?
I doubt any kid we would've recruited would've played this year anyway. So not very important.
Re: Bye Bye Blount
Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:21 pm
by uodux1212
Suspended for any Bowl Game too (duh)... and he gets to keep his scholly. Thats funny they think he's gonna stay in school...
http://twitter.com/AP_Top25/status/3765143898
Re: Bye Bye Blount
Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:23 pm
by addictedtoquack
It's sad to see someone like Blount have his career end like this. He was such a hero last season, as much as everyone is beating him up on here right now we all loved him last season. Just kind of sucks really, cause he will regret that punch for the rest of his life.
Re: Bye Bye Blount
Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:25 pm
by Tray Dub
addictedtoquack wrote:It's sad to see someone like Blount have his career end like this. He was such a hero last season, as much as everyone is beating him up on here right now we all loved him last season. Just kind of sucks really, cause he will regret those punches for the rest of his life.
Fixed

Re: Bye Bye Blount
Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:44 pm
by briarduck
I think this was a little too harsh, a brain fart for 5-10 minutes shouldn't cost this much but he's not the only guy who has ever screwed up like this! Good luck young man use this to step up a figure out your next step! Aughhhh!
LGB situation aside, I'm scared to death for next week for "what" team is going to show up for Purdue!
Lets go Ducks, lets play some football!
GO DUCKS!!