It's official....WSU is a 6:15 kickoff

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

pdxduck
Three Star Recruit

It's official....WSU is a 6:15 kickoff

Post by pdxduck »

I don't usually mind the late kicks, but this really screws up my evening plans.

http://www.pac-10.org/sports/m-footbl/s ... -full.html
KeenanHowry15
Three Star Recruit

Re: It's official....WSU is a 6:15 kickoff

Post by KeenanHowry15 »

who's broadcasting? FSN?
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

I think it's the Oregon Sports network. If it is, I won't get to see the game, but I expect an Oregon blowout win anyway. Anyway, I like USC at night. WSU at night doesn't thrill me.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

It is OSN, the reason for the time change, FSN wouldn't pick it up.
MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Post by MerDuck »

I know it's a different subject, but I thought I would bring it up...I love night games...(I know some of you hate them, but they sure are electric!) but why are we having a game on Halloween at 5:00 PM that isn't eaven a night game really and anyone with kids has to figure out a way to explain that they will have to give up going out trick-or-treating or explain why Daddy cares more about the ducks than spending time with his children! AHHHHH what a maddening conversation! ok I'm done just wanted to vent! :x
monster
Four Star Recruit

Post by monster »

Are OSN games broadcast live on O-Zone?
Oregonian
Four Star Recruit

Post by Oregonian »

MerDuck wrote:I know it's a different subject, but I thought I would bring it up...I love night games...(I know some of you hate them, but they sure are electric!) but why are we having a game on Halloween at 5:00 PM that isn't eaven a night game really and anyone with kids has to figure out a way to explain that they will have to give up going out trick-or-treating or explain why Daddy cares more about the ducks than spending time with his children! AHHHHH what a maddening conversation! ok I'm done just wanted to vent! :x
October/November at 5 PM, by the time 2nd half rolls around, it's well into being a night game.
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

Oregonian wrote:
MerDuck wrote:I know it's a different subject, but I thought I would bring it up...I love night games...(I know some of you hate them, but they sure are electric!) but why are we having a game on Halloween at 5:00 PM that isn't eaven a night game really and anyone with kids has to figure out a way to explain that they will have to give up going out trick-or-treating or explain why Daddy cares more about the ducks than spending time with his children! AHHHHH what a maddening convehttp://ducksattack.com/forum/posting.php?mode=quote&f=5&p=34315#rsation! ok I'm done just wanted to vent! :x
October/November at 5 PM, by the time 2nd half rolls around, it's well into being a night game.
I told my little girl that she "gets to go trick or treating with Grandma!" this year, yaaaaaay!... Spin mode 8-)

5pm on Oct 31, it will be dark by kickoff...

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
duck55
Senior

Post by duck55 »

Just take the kids with you & let them Trick or treat all the Tailgaters. You might need to screen their take though :lol:
Eksynyt
Two Star Recruit

Post by Eksynyt »

monster wrote:Are OSN games broadcast live on O-Zone?
I don't think Pac-10 games are allowed to be broadcast on O-Zone. The game is on CSNNW and simulcast on KLSR in Eugene. I don't understand why it isn't simulcast on a local channel in Portland. The only people outside of Eugene that will see this game are people with Comcast in Oregon and Washington, Verizon FIOS in Portland, and a few other small town cable companies in Oregon. Anybody with DirecTV, Dish Network, or Charter as well as many other cable companies will not be able to see this game in any capacity. Looks like it's gonna be listening to Jerry Allen and Mike Jorgensen...if you can pick up a radio feed that is. :roll:

I love how Oregon wants to get more national exposure and in doing so get more recruits, but by signing this Comcast deal, not only have they completely shut off everyone else in the country from seeing these OSN games (because you can't get it on a sports pack), but they have prevented many people in the STATE OF OREGON from being able to see these games. Oregon had to know that Comcast would never, and will never, reach an agreement for the satellite companies to have CSNNW, so signing this deal for the money will probly end up hurting them in the long run, especially if we are able to somehow upset Cal this week.

The fact that I will have to drive 50 MILES to see this game is absolutely bush league. Thanks for making such a good TV deal Ducks! :roll:
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I can't make this game because of school and stuff... If anyone wants some tickets, let me know.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

I wrote the AD complaining about the kickoff times and lack of game distribution on cable and this was the response I got back...

Stuart,
Thank you for your well thought out message. Unfortunately, TV contracts allow television broadcasters to determine kick-off time for games they have selected. Thus it is difficult for us to know when games will begin and we do not have much say in the actual kick-off time. We do our best to get games on TV so our fans in the area and around the country can enjoy the events as well. We truly appreciate your dedication and support in the stands and do not wish any hardship on your long journey to Autzen.

Thank you for your support and GO DUCKS!

I call BS....At the expense of season ticket holders and fans all over the state that dont have comcast/verizon... brutal.

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK