Jeremiah Johnson

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

MFRDuckFan
Senior

Jeremiah Johnson

Post by MFRDuckFan »

So this might not technically fall into the "Kellys Heroes" category, but I read that JJ is on injured reserve for the Texans. He has to get surgery for his shoulder that continually dislocates. Just have a question........ He is technically still attached to the team, but not on the roster. I'm assuming this is a good thing, correct?

http://fantasyfootball.usatoday.com/con ... fl&id=5172
pdxduck
Three Star Recruit

Re: Jeremiah Johnson

Post by pdxduck »

Yes it is a good thing. If they didn't think he had a chance to play in the NFL they would have just waived him and proceeded with an injury settlement. It would be even better if he could work with the practice squad, but once you go on IR you're done for the entire year.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

IIRC, this means he has the opportunity to rehab and take advantage of the team's trainers and medical staff, Which is a huge thing.

If he wasn't looked at as a potential asset, JJ wouldn't have been kept on IR... He would have been released. This means the Texans want the first shot at his services, if he returns healthy.

"If you've got them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow." John Wayne
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

I thought he had been let go without IR status. Good to hear they are sticking with him. I believe it will pay off for them.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Thanks guys. I thought that was the case, but wanted to make sure.