Page 1 of 1

Visitors for BGSU

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:32 pm
by greenyellow
Oregon is hosting a small contingent of recruits for the BGSU game, with it mainly being current commits and PNW recruits: https://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/i ... iver_index

Re: Visitors for BGSU

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:58 pm
by lukeyrid13
Savell Smalls would be a huge pickup. I don't follow recruiting much but I heard Florida State is the presumed leader for him; is that true?

Re: Visitors for BGSU

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:01 pm
by greenyellow
lukeyrid13 wrote:Savell Smalls would be a huge pickup. I don't follow recruiting much but I heard Florida State is the presumed leader for him; is that true?
Wouldn't surprise me since his HS coach is good friends with Taggart now and seems to be pushing his best athletes towards them.

Re: Visitors for BGSU

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:20 pm
by TualatinDuck
greenyellow wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:Savell Smalls would be a huge pickup. I don't follow recruiting much but I heard Florida State is the presumed leader for him; is that true?
Wouldn't surprise me since his HS coach is good friends with Taggart now and seems to be pushing his best athletes towards them.
Must have been one hell of a hummer!

Re: Visitors for BGSU

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:08 am
by greenyellow
Interesting tidbit from Smalls about Herbert. I wonder if the pull of playing with his brother is enough to overcome the pull of the NFL.

Re: Visitors for BGSU

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:21 am
by Phalanx
It would be huge for the program if Herbert stayed, but I am curious how much of a selling point it would actually be to a linebacker recruit.

My son and I were by the tunnel when the visitors were walking through. I don't know anything about recruits and what they look like, but it appeared to me that there were a number of them with what looked like their coaches. They seemed excited to be there, taking pictures of fans, etc. Kind of fun to watch, and fun to watch my son take it all in for the first time.

Re: Visitors for BGSU

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:37 am
by greenyellow
Phalanx wrote:It would be huge for the program if Herbert stayed, but I am curious how much of a selling point it would actually be to a linebacker recruit.

My son and I were by the tunnel when the visitors were walking through. I don't know anything about recruits and what they look like, but it appeared to me that there were a number of them with what looked like their coaches. They seemed excited to be there, taking pictures of fans, etc. Kind of fun to watch, and fun to watch my son take it all in for the first time.
It likely means nothing for Smalls since he's a 2020 guy but it's something he heard this past weekend so he decided to pass it on. According to Andrew Nemec, he was told by a 2019 QB recruit that Herbert was most likely coming back in 2019.