Page 1 of 3

Smalls

Posted: Wed May 01, 2019 2:15 pm
by DuckDuckJuice
New 247 article. Don’t have VIP, but Husky responses on twitter are priceless.

Re: Smalls

Posted: Wed May 01, 2019 2:20 pm
by jimmy12
That tells us nothing

Re: Smalls

Posted: Wed May 01, 2019 2:20 pm
by UOducksTK1
Huskies aren't in his top 12 lol.

Re: Smalls

Posted: Wed May 01, 2019 2:26 pm
by jimmy12
Not true

Re: Smalls

Posted: Wed May 01, 2019 2:32 pm
by Anatinae
https://247sports.com/Article/Picture-b ... 131696924/

Huskies not going to make his top 6. Oregon and WSU likely to be only west coast schools to make the cut.

Re: Smalls

Posted: Wed May 01, 2019 2:37 pm
by jimmy12
I stand corrected, but also sounds like he’s headed to the South

Re: Smalls

Posted: Wed May 01, 2019 2:59 pm
by GoDucksTroll
“As I start to see and think about who’s really going to be in it, I really wanted to be honest with Washington and I don’t want to waste their time, when they could be spending it on the betterment of their program,” said Smalls. “I didn’t end up getting to any of their spring practices because I just wasn’t feeling right about going there and having them recruit me when I’m not going to end up going there.”

Smalls visited Oregon and Washington State in April, and he said there is a good likelihood both will be in his top six.

“The only schools on the West Coast I see myself going to are Oregon and Washington State,” said Smalls.

Re: Smalls

Posted: Wed May 01, 2019 3:15 pm
by Merganzer
GoDucksTroll wrote:“

“The only schools on the West Coast I see myself going to are Oregon and Washington State,” said Smalls.
Love this! :lol: Woof, woof

Re: Smalls

Posted: Wed May 01, 2019 3:22 pm
by GoDucksTroll
Merganzer wrote:
GoDucksTroll wrote:“

“The only schools on the West Coast I see myself going to are Oregon and Washington State,” said Smalls.
Love this! :lol: Woof, woof
This is such an excellent development, not just in the Smalls case but for the future of Oregon/Washington recruiting battles.

The best edge rusher in the country is in Washington's backyard, and he says he can't ever see himself there and didn't want to waste your time.

The Husky faithful have been having a debate about Oregon negatively recruiting them on the perception of Petersen's OKG philosophy being racist. Not a new rumor at all, but they think this is why Smalls wrote off Washington.

Re: Smalls

Posted: Wed May 01, 2019 4:23 pm
by Greenblood
What is "OKG philosophy"?

Re: Smalls

Posted: Wed May 01, 2019 4:29 pm
by Tray Dub
Greenblood wrote:What is "OKG philosophy"?
"As Petersen has piled up a 96-13 record as a head coach, he has developed a simple formula: Talent + Character = Our Kind of Guy (O.K.G.). Every recruit the Huskies bring into their program is expected to be great on the field, in the classroom and around the community."

https://gohuskies.com/sports/2014/10/8/209703741.aspx

Re: Smalls

Posted: Wed May 01, 2019 4:32 pm
by Alan
"You're killing me Smalls!"

Re: Smalls

Posted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:31 am
by duck58
Sounds like he's going south and east.

Re: Smalls

Posted: Mon May 20, 2019 4:05 pm
by lukeyrid13
duck58 wrote:Sounds like he's going south and east.
Was he teammates with Treshaun Harrison?

Re: Smalls

Posted: Mon May 20, 2019 5:53 pm
by Merganzer
lukeyrid13 wrote:
duck58 wrote:Sounds like he's going south and east.
Was he teammates with Treshaun Harrison?
Looks like it: https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/hig ... y-catholic