Page 1 of 2
DJ to Clemson
Posted: Sun May 05, 2019 12:12 pm
by lukeyrid13
Oh well. Let’s go get Butterfield
Re: DJ to Clemson
Posted: Sun May 05, 2019 12:21 pm
by greenyellow
While the Ducks would have been off with him from a talent standpoint, I think not getting DJ U may actually work out better for Oregon's QB depth down the road. If they get Butterfield, he probably won't immediately displace Shough or Millen due to Butterfield likely needing some time to add weight so he can survive the rigors of college football.
Re: DJ to Clemson
Posted: Sun May 05, 2019 12:43 pm
by oregonpride
Thankfully the Ducks have a great second option who would be the number one almost any other year. Pretty awesome deal!
Re: DJ to Clemson
Posted: Sun May 05, 2019 12:56 pm
by OregonFan4Life
Good get for Clemson, DJ is a one of a kind talent, but that makes me wonder if he’ll end up being a disappointment cause of his extremely high standards. How will he handle replacing Lawrence and trying to fill his shoes while filling the big expectations for him? Hope he succeeds, but for a while now, even when I thought Oregon would land him, I felt like he’d end up being a disappointment.
Re: DJ to Clemson
Posted: Sun May 05, 2019 1:01 pm
by RebelDuck
greenyellow wrote:While the Ducks would have been off with him from a talent standpoint, I think not getting DJ U may actually work out better for Oregon's QB depth down the road. If they get Butterfield, he probably won't immediately displace Shough or Millen due to Butterfield likely needing some time to add weight so he can survive the rigors of college football.
Exactly. Getting DJ could have resulted in Shough and/or Millen to transfer if DJ is as good as advertised and starts from day 1. Ducks need the QB depth
Re: DJ to Clemson
Posted: Mon May 06, 2019 9:24 am
by Hoagduck
Shough really stepping up lately makes this sting a lot less, on top of the fact that we're still in the running for Butterfield. I'm just glad he didn't go to USC!
Re: DJ to Clemson
Posted: Mon May 06, 2019 9:42 am
by FlDuckFan
Might be a blessing in disguise when it comes to QB depth. If DJ were to come in and start you could probably kiss Shough , and Cale goodbye via transfers.
Re: DJ to Clemson
Posted: Mon May 06, 2019 9:44 am
by lukeyrid13
Hoagduck wrote:Shough really stepping up lately makes this sting a lot less, on top of the fact that we're still in the running for Butterfield. I'm just glad he didn't go to USC!
USC unfortunately already has a 5 star QB commit. Mater dei QB who’s a dual threat guy.
Re: DJ to Clemson
Posted: Mon May 06, 2019 9:46 am
by Hoagduck
lukeyrid13 wrote:Hoagduck wrote:Shough really stepping up lately makes this sting a lot less, on top of the fact that we're still in the running for Butterfield. I'm just glad he didn't go to USC!
USC unfortunately already has a 5 star QB commit. Mater dei QB who’s a dual threat guy.
I’m sure whoever USC’s next coach is will love him!
Re: DJ to Clemson
Posted: Mon May 06, 2019 10:12 am
by FlDuckFan
Hoagduck wrote:lukeyrid13 wrote:Hoagduck wrote:Shough really stepping up lately makes this sting a lot less, on top of the fact that we're still in the running for Butterfield. I'm just glad he didn't go to USC!
USC unfortunately already has a 5 star QB commit. Mater dei QB who’s a dual threat guy.
I’m sure whoever USC’s next coach is will love him!
Urban loves big dual threat guys.
Re: DJ to Clemson
Posted: Mon May 06, 2019 10:44 am
by UOducksTK1
Bummer, but not surprised. Bring butterfield in!
Re: DJ to Clemson
Posted: Mon May 06, 2019 10:49 am
by chapelhillduck
DJU honestly seems like a good kid, sucks we didn't get him but best of luck
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Re: DJ to Clemson
Posted: Tue May 07, 2019 6:23 am
by GoDucksIn09
I am not surprised. Most 5 stars do not end up at Oregon. It would have been great if DJ chose Oregon. I had some hope after KT but most everyone figured he was going to Clemson. I would much prefer the weather in Oregon over the weather in SC especially during the summer. Oh well no surprise here.
Re: DJ to Clemson
Posted: Tue May 07, 2019 2:48 pm
by GrantDuck
Congrats to him, seems like a great kid and family. Clemson also has a better baseball program than ol' Horton hears a who.
I personally don't get the appeal of Yabo Dabo Doo as a coach, but he's won 2 of the last 3 titles, so he's doing something right.
Re: DJ to Clemson
Posted: Tue May 07, 2019 11:12 pm
by alxtw
GrantDuck wrote:Congrats to him, seems like a great kid and family. Clemson also has a better baseball program than ol' Horton hears a who.
I personally don't get the appeal of Yabo Dabo Doo as a coach, but he's won 2 of the last 3 titles, so he's doing something right.
I guess if you're highly religious and parents are also highly religious, playing for Dabo is appealing.