NDSU/OREGON 2020

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Re: NDSU/OREGON 2020

Post by GoDucksTroll »

karlhungis wrote:
JBB wrote:Jabril Cox, outstanding Bison Sr. LB has entered the transfer portal. Big break of Oregon,
Seems like a bigger break for NDSU fans. Now you guys have a built in excuse. It isn't like Oregon hasn't ever had to deal with a LB of his skill level before.
My thinking as well. Losing one player, even if it's your best defensive player, shouldn't break a team.

Hell, we blew out a Florida State team riding 28 game winning streak without Ifo, Pharaoh Brown, Devon Allen, etc.

In NDSU's defense this might be one of their less than a handful of players good enough to play at P-5. I guess that's what he wants, over all those JV national championships and that great unmatched culture.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

Come on O fans. Let’s be cordial. Most of the posts on this thread by their fans have been decent. The Bison have had an amazing run and their fans are jacked about this game. So what if they believe they have a chance to beat us. That’s what fans do. Of course they’re not going to bow down to us. I don’t blame them. I think they have a skewed view of the reality that will unfold in September, but that’s ok. Their FANatics like the rest of us.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

UofDuck wrote:Come on O fans. Let’s be cordial. Most of the posts on this thread by their fans have been decent. The Bison have had an amazing run and their fans are jacked about this game. So what if they believe they have a chance to beat us. That’s what fans do. Of course they’re not going to bow down to us. I don’t blame them. I think they have a skewed view of the reality that will unfold in September, but that’s ok. Their FANatics like the rest of us.
How is your post any more cordial than the ones prior to it?
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

Just in:

Bisonation nd

Rumor we've heard is Jabril Cox has been offerred by LSU (Bo Pelini New DCoordinator).
Big if true... wow.
Itd be interesting to see an actual confirmed list, but with transfers you don't get all the public offers.
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

karlhungis wrote:
JBB wrote:Jabril Cox, outstanding Bison Sr. LB has entered the transfer portal. Big break of Oregon,
Seems like a bigger break for NDSU fans. Now you guys have a built in excuse. It isn't like Oregon hasn't ever had to deal with a LB of his skill level before.
:lol:

It's a no win situation for the Ducks anyway, at least according to Ducks fans, so what's the difference? Another excuse won't change anything. You already outspend NDSU 6:1, disparage the Bison for being a JV team, have the best of everything including recruits with stars and one big huge video board for the entire stadium which draws to one game as many fans as attend NDSU football in one year. If we want excuses we have all we need without invoking the Cox transfer, but its nice to have in case we need it.

Besides, If NDSU wins every single Duck fan is going to claim the Ducks played poorly. Worst game ever. NDSU fans already know that from Iowa, Kansas State etc, so really its not a no-win situation for the Ducks, its a no-win situation for NDSU. The only Oregon team Ducks fans will give credit to NDSU for beating is the one that played the worst game in Ducks history. Like the other schools you will probably remove the loss from the official record as well.

Losing Cox is going to change the spread in Oregons favor, that's how big it is.
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

As NDSU continues to develop top football talent the Jabril Cox situation may become more common place. There may be caps on the players salaries headed to the NFL from NDSU because of the FCS competition level. If Cox can play at LSU like he played at NDSU there will be a lot more interest in him. He is not alone in the caliber of player on the Bison roster that may find themselves headed to one of the pro leagues facing a similar dilemma.

NDSU is a developmental program The Bison get a lot of players coming in that aren't ready for prime time but by the time they leave they are ready. As this process improves departures may become more common. The agents interested in handling NDSU players will become more sophisticated as will NDSUs coaches. NDSUs recruiting mystic will rise, the process will accelerate and repeat. It may become difficult for NDSU to hold onto great players bringing into play a whole other set of motivators driving the program into the FBS. I dont think Cox would be leaving if the Bison were in the Bowl Subdivision instead of the Championship Subdivision.
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

From Bisonville
Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
I just looked at Jabril’s twitter followers. I think he has someone from basically every FBS school on there between position coaches and recruiting coordinators. This a rough list of teams I saw coaches/recruiters for before I got bored and stopped looking.

Michigan state
Michigan
Alabama
LSU
Texas
Virginia
Florida
Florida State
Washington
Minnesota
Iowa State
Washington State
Tennessee
Texas Tech
Baylor
Kansas
Syracuse
SMU
Toledo
LA Tech
Liberty
Florida Atlantic
East Carolina
Northwestern
Eastern Michigan
Ball State
Kent State
Georgia Tech
Nebraska
Mississippi State
Cal
Utah
UNC
Illinois

(This doesn’t include Iowa and KState where we have known coaching ties)

Interesting to note that both Bama and LSU have multiple coaches following Jabril including Ed Ogeron.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

JBB wrote:From Bisonville
Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
I just looked at Jabril’s twitter followers. I think he has someone from basically every FBS school on there between position coaches and recruiting coordinators. This a rough list of teams I saw coaches/recruiters for before I got bored and stopped looking.

Michigan state
Michigan
Alabama
LSU
Texas
Virginia
Florida
Florida State
Washington
Minnesota
Iowa State
Washington State
Tennessee
Texas Tech
Baylor
Kansas
Syracuse
SMU
Toledo
LA Tech
Liberty
Florida Atlantic
East Carolina
Northwestern
Eastern Michigan
Ball State
Kent State
Georgia Tech
Nebraska
Mississippi State
Cal
Utah
UNC
Illinois

(This doesn’t include Iowa and KState where we have known coaching ties)

Interesting to note that both Bama and LSU have multiple coaches following Jabril including Ed Ogeron.
k...
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

JBB wrote:Just in:

Bisonation nd

Rumor we've heard is Jabril Cox has been offerred by LSU (Bo Pelini New DCoordinator).
Big if true... wow.
Itd be interesting to see an actual confirmed list, but with transfers you don't get all the public offers.

Oh REALLY? :D
NDSU_Slowhand
High School Drop Out

Post by NDSU_Slowhand »

Bud,

Ignore these clowns.
They are the biggest jokes on the NDSU football forums and generally regarded as idiots.
Sincerely NDSU fans.
Bighonkingduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by Bighonkingduck »

Slowhand knows!
thebootfitter
One Star Recruit

Post by thebootfitter »

NDSU_Slowhand wrote:Bud,

Ignore these clowns.
They are the biggest jokes on the NDSU football forums and generally regarded as idiots.
Sincerely NDSU fans.
I assume you're talking specifically JBB and Lakes, yes?

I don't think I know JBB personally. I've met Lakes a couple times. He seems a decent enough fellow in real life. Certainly one to stir the pot online though.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

I must pop in and say I don't post on any NDSU board, don't support NDSU in any way and follow the Bison like like a million others. They win and are fun to watch. I have no idea who any of these jokers are and hope to never find out. This is about as close as I care to be.

PS. Jabril Cox is visiting LSU
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

JBB wrote:I must pop in and say I don't post on any NDSU board, don't support NDSU in any way and follow the Bison like like a million others. They win and are fun to watch. I have no idea who any of these jokers are and hope to never find out. This is about as close as I care to be.

PS. Jabril Cox is visiting LSU
Pretty cool opportunity for Jabril Cox. I hope he gets a chance to shine under a huge spotlight.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

JBB wrote:
karlhungis wrote:
:lol:

It's a no win situation for the Ducks anyway, at least according to Ducks fans, so what's the difference? Another excuse won't change anything. You already outspend NDSU 6:1, disparage the Bison for being a JV team, have the best of everything including recruits with stars and one big huge video board for the entire stadium which draws to one game as many fans as attend NDSU football in one year. If we want excuses we have all we need without invoking the Cox transfer, but its nice to have in case we need it.

Besides, If NDSU wins every single Duck fan is going to claim the Ducks played poorly. Worst game ever. NDSU fans already know that from Iowa, Kansas State etc, so really its not a no-win situation for the Ducks, its a no-win situation for NDSU. The only Oregon team Ducks fans will give credit to NDSU for beating is the one that played the worst game in Ducks history. Like the other schools you will probably remove the loss from the official record as well.

Losing Cox is going to change the spread in Oregons favor, that's how big it is.
You clowns show up and talk trash until you eventually goad people into being blunt with you. Then you get to act like a victim. It sounds like this is a normal thing for you too. Embarrassing.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!