Mario continues to go with beef, but gets them on programs when in the system. Evidently it is easier to get them to shed weight than gain it. Can’t teach 6’7” though. What surprises me most, is that the last two classes have been devoid of Hawaiian players. Kind of perplexing.
Re: QUACK! 2020 OL Laloulu commits
Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:31 pm
by GoDucksTroll
Everythingsducky wrote:Mario continues to go with beef, but gets them on programs when in the system. Evidently it is easier to get them to shed weight than gain it. Can’t teach 6’7” though. What surprises me most, is that the last two classes have been devoid of Hawaiian players. Kind of perplexing.
As someone into fitness and weightlifting I've found it much easier to lose weight than purposely gain it. Especially as a young man. We've seen Sala, Justin Johnson, and Chris Randazzo cut a lot of weight very quickly. The amount of cardio and weight lifting these guys do, at their giant sizes and young ages, means that they need an obscene number of calories just to maintain their weight.
It's about 6500 calories for a 6'7" 390 pound, 18 year old man to maintain weight. That is like having a Red Robin burger with two sides of fries and a soft drink three times per day, and maybe with a few snacks thrown in. At that height/weight/age/activity combo you could lose 15+ pounds per month just by subbing a 500 calorie shake for one of your meals. If you didn't have to worry about maintaining muscle you could easily lose a pound per day while still eating three large, but healthy, meals.
I've lost seven pounds during a week of two-a-days, and I had no weight to spare back then.
Re: QUACK! 2020 OL Laloulu commits
Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:55 pm
by StevensTechU
Anyone find any video of him from his junior year?
Re: QUACK! 2020 OL Laloulu commits
Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:43 pm
by woundedknees
Heck, I lost 14 pounds in the last 10 days... For real.
All it took was getting 26 teeth pulled on MaI was getting.y 30th. (You don't want to know!)
Seriously, in my late 20's , I maintained my eating habits during a job change, back when I was a 5'10"/185-ish kid, and lost 20+ in 3 weeks. All I was doing was re-arranging my muscles, do to the type of exercise I was getting.
I literally went from doing a job involving a lot of heavy lifting and walking, to a more cardio oriented program, involving climbing and running up and down steep, brushy hillsides, dragging cables, chainsaws, and various other logging equipment around.
I have no doubt a well qualified s&c coach, working with a dedicated athlete, in a controlled environment such as the H-D Center, could work miracles nobody would have believed 25 years ago.
They've come a long way, baby!
Re: QUACK! 2020 OL Laloulu commits
Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:02 pm
by woundedknees
StevensTechU wrote:Anyone find any video of him from his junior year?
Evidently the Laloulu family has a sense of humor...
Re: QUACK! 2020 OL Laloulu commits
Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:45 am
by UOducksTK1
That's a big boy! I love having some OL projects, because we got the right coaching staff to develop them.
Re: QUACK! 2020 OL Laloulu commits
Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:08 am
by StevensTechU
I was trying to dig into why he's rated so low (3*, .83 on 247sports) at his size, but I'm struggling to find his tape. All I found was one camp video where he didn't look half bad but against poor competition, and the really short video woundedknees posted in this thread where he looks really slow footed but he's a sophomore (meaning he was potentially still adjusting to his body). We'll see how it goes, I guess.
Re: QUACK! 2020 OL Laloulu commits
Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:30 am
by woundedknees
That camp video sounded like he was working against underclassmen... He was definitely abusing the linebacker!
Re: QUACK! 2020 OL Laloulu commits
Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:23 am
by GoDucksTroll
StevensTechU wrote:I was trying to dig into why he's rated so low (3*, .83 on 247sports) at his size, but I'm struggling to find his tape. All I found was one camp video where he didn't look half bad but against poor competition, and the really short video woundedknees posted in this thread where he looks really slow footed but he's a sophomore (meaning he was potentially still adjusting to his body). We'll see how it goes, I guess.
He's playing at a really low level in Hawaii. I think Max Unger was in the same boat. Hawaii HS football is a weird creature. Lots of great players out of there, but for the most part it's very low level.
I think the biggest thing that gives me confidence in this commit is that he offers from USC, Washington, and UCLA. UCLA isn't offering anyone, to the point where I'm wondering what Chip is doing.
Re: QUACK! 2020 OL Laloulu commits
Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:01 pm
by GrantDuck
Love this commit for all sorts of reasons. If nothing else, it shows Mario and Mirabal are still grinding to find talent, even though we are landing 4 and 5* kids.
Re: QUACK! 2020 OL Laloulu commits
Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:17 pm
by alxtw
woundedknees wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:Anyone find any video of him from his junior year?