Page 1 of 1

Dillon Johnson commits to Miss. St.

Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:08 am
by Greenblood
https://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/2 ... thers.html

Suppose it could have been that apparently Oregon wanted him on defense, but he didn't want that.

Re: Dillon Johnson commits to Miss. St.

Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:04 pm
by GoDucksTroll
I think the Oregon coaches are more ethical than I.

I'd be like "Offense, defense, whatever. Come to Eugene and we'll put you where you want to be... And if you're good enough to be there then great, if not we're placing you where we think you can succeed for our team."

Re: Dillon Johnson commits to Miss. St.

Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:25 pm
by alxtw
GoDucksTroll wrote:I think the Oregon coaches are more ethical than I.

I'd be like "Offense, defense, whatever. Come to Eugene and we'll put you where you want to be... And if you're good enough to be there then great, if not we're placing you where we think you can succeed for our team."
Didn't MC used to allow the players to choose which side they wanted to play first and, if the player wasn't developing ther, then they would change the player to a new position/side? Or was that during Helf's tenure?

Re: Dillon Johnson commits to Miss. St.

Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:47 pm
by StevensTechU
alxtw wrote:
GoDucksTroll wrote:I think the Oregon coaches are more ethical than I.

I'd be like "Offense, defense, whatever. Come to Eugene and we'll put you where you want to be... And if you're good enough to be there then great, if not we're placing you where we think you can succeed for our team."
Didn't MC used to allow the players to choose which side they wanted to play first and, if the player wasn't developing ther, then they would change the player to a new position/side? Or was that during Helf's tenure?
Helf

Re: Dillon Johnson commits to Miss. St.

Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:52 am
by rsbgduck
GoDucksTroll wrote:I think the Oregon coaches are more ethical than I.

I'd be like "Offense, defense, whatever. Come to Eugene and we'll put you where you want to be... And if you're good enough to be there then great, if not we're placing you where we think you can succeed for our team."

Im guessing this basically (worded a little different :lol: ) in every scholarship contract. No position or spot can ever be guaranteed IMO, and any recruit who believes a coach who says that is a fool. I promise you that if MC had a 3yr starter and a Fresh came in and played better, that Fresh would get the start.

Re: Dillon Johnson commits to Miss. St.

Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:45 pm
by OregonFan4Life
rsbgduck wrote:
GoDucksTroll wrote:I think the Oregon coaches are more ethical than I.

I'd be like "Offense, defense, whatever. Come to Eugene and we'll put you where you want to be... And if you're good enough to be there then great, if not we're placing you where we think you can succeed for our team."

Im guessing this basically (worded a little different :lol: ) in every scholarship contract. No position or spot can ever be guaranteed IMO, and any recruit who believes a coach who says that is a fool. I promise you that if MC had a 3yr starter and a Fresh came in and played better, that Fresh would get the start.
Isn’t that why Helf started Prukop over Herbert? Cause he promised Prukop the starting job even though Herbert was better? I think sometimes when coaches are desperate enough they do that.

Re: Dillon Johnson commits to Miss. St.

Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:55 pm
by Merganzer