Page 1 of 3

When do we?

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:06 pm
by brich75
When do we start seeing those elite 5 star running backs have high interest. Seems like every 5 star we are drawing is a DB? I would think with commitment to run we would see more interests from star RBs?

Re: When do we?

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:32 am
by jimmy12
brich75 wrote:When do we start seeing those elite 5 star running backs have high interest. Seems like every 5 star we are drawing is a DB? I would think with commitment to run we would see more interests from star RBs?
I think you'll love trey benson.

Re: When do we?

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:17 am
by brich75
jimmy12 wrote:
brich75 wrote:When do we start seeing those elite 5 star running backs have high interest. Seems like every 5 star we are drawing is a DB? I would think with commitment to run we would see more interests from star RBs?
I think you'll love trey benson.
I think he is a stud but currently a 3 star. I’m just surprised we don’t have high 4 star or 5 star guys visiting. Seems like with our emphasis on running the ball it would peak more interest.

Re: When do we?

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:29 am
by GoDucksIn09
Yeah I don't quite understand the lack of recruiting a big time running back. It use to be our group of running backs were almost all 4 star backs. Now they are all 3 star. None of them really make opposing defenses think we have to contain this guy.

Re: When do we?

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:06 am
by Phenom
We’re only taking one RB this cycle and Benson was at the top of their board.

Re: When do we?

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:03 am
by Alan
I agree, I would like to see Oregon focus on better quality backs, bigger with more of a downhill style. Lat year some of us were not impressed with the WR's this year I am not impressed with our RB's so far. I watched a littl film on Benson and the jury is still out on him, maybe because it was his Junior year highlights. He has the size and the offers but my first impression was he "dances" too much, too many times with no or little results. I'm sure that will or should be coached into him at the next level. Does he have any senior year highlights out yet?

Re: When do we?

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:35 am
by Phenom
Alan wrote:I agree, I would like to see Oregon focus on better quality backs, bigger with more of a downhill style. Lat year some of us were not impressed with the WR's this year I am not impressed with our RB's so far. I watched a littl film on Benson and the jury is still out on him, maybe because it was his Junior year highlights. He has the size and the offers but my first impression was he "dances" too much, too many times with no or little results. I'm sure that will or should be coached into him at the next level. Does he have any senior year highlights out yet?
He averaged like 10 yards a carry his junior year...

Re: When do we?

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:48 am
by StevensTechU
I don't see quality lateral speed or vision from Benson. I just watched his latest game film, and he looks like he has no idea how to follow blocks. I understand he was at the top of Mastro's board, but he looks like a 3* running back.

Re: When do we?

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:16 am
by Phenom
StevensTechU wrote:I don't see quality lateral speed or vision from Benson. I just watched his latest game film, and he looks like he has no idea how to follow blocks. I understand he was at the top of Mastro's board, but he looks like a 3* running back.
Well Mastro is finally getting his guys there at RB so we will see if it pays off. I don't think Mario is afraid to let guys go.

Re: When do we?

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:20 am
by jimmy12
I am too lazy to google this, but does anyone know offhand who he has recruited in the past or who he has received credit for recruiting in the past?

I would think Mario would only work with top end coaches and recruiters.

Re: When do we?

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:22 am
by Phenom
jimmy12 wrote:I am too lazy to google this, but does anyone know offhand who he has recruited in the past or who he has received credit for recruiting in the past?

I would think Mario would only work with top end coaches and recruiters.
He recruited Max Borgi who is tearing it up at Wazzu right now.

Re: When do we?

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:35 am
by alxtw
Top west coast RBs have been brainwashed into thinking SEC is where they need to be to face the best competition and prepare for the NFL.

Re: When do we?

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:25 pm
by GrandpaDuck
Why would any highly sought after running-back choose to go to WSU, particularly to play in the Air-Raid?

One of the reasons we get so much interest in high level DBs is we have 2 of the best recruiters on the West Coast and they both coach DBs.

Frankly though, RB coach is a positional coach where I would rather have a rainmaker recruiter over a technician when you are balancing your staff.

Re: When do we?

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:28 pm
by duck541
Here is his Hudl page... https://www.hudl.com/profile/8424468/Trey-Benson

Tell me again about his lack of vision and lateral quickness. LOL

Re: When do we?

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:33 pm
by brich75
duck541 wrote:Here is his Hudl page... https://www.hudl.com/profile/8424468/Trey-Benson

Tell me again about his lack of vision and lateral quickness. LOL
He has good long runs I’m sure he will be on par with what we have now. I just don’t see that elite explosive speed and power I would think we are after. I guess it’s just a “trust the coaches” situation.