Page 1 of 3

Noah Sewell discusses Oregon Ducks official visit. UPDATED

Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:51 am
by Merganzer
https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2019/1 ... tobal.html

(The) trip was really good,” he said. “It’s good to see Cristobal and all the coaches and players there.”
Sewell is the younger brother of star left tackle Penei Sewell, who has a really close relationship to Cristobal.
Their player-coach connection could end up being a significant part of Sewell’s possible commitment to the Ducks if, in fact, he elects to don the green and yellow.

“(It means) a lot, actually - just seeing Penei’s relationship with Cristobal, I can already see a sneak peek of what mine would look like if I were to commit to Oregon,” Noah said.
But even without a “sneak peek,” Noah and Cristobal have built a strong bond that stands up all on its own.

“He’s like a father figure to me, because he and my family known each other for a while now, and him taking care of Penei just feels like he’s just another father figure,” Sewell said.
Currently, Sewell doesn’t have any more visits scheduled and it’s possible that remains the case until his decision, although he said he needs to discuss that in more detail with his family.
Regardless of his travel itinerary, Oregon appears to be in the driver’s seat to land the five-star 'backer.
And his official visit appears to have done nothing but continue to build the bond between the Sewell family and the Oregon football program.

Re: Noah Sewell discusses Oregon Ducks official visit

Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:07 am
by GoDucksIn09
I don't know what the margin is in terms of beating the huskies in recruiting but since they have added Smalls we definitely need to add Sewell to even have a chance of beating them recruiting wise. I don't know that we do even with Sewell. I really had hoped Smalls would not pick UW. They at one point had been eliminated and out of contention but they wiggled their way back in and landed his commitment. Kids certainly change their mind a lot.

Re: Noah Sewell discusses Oregon Ducks official visit

Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:22 am
by Juice
GoDucksIn09 wrote:I don't know what the margin is in terms of beating the huskies in recruiting but since they have added Smalls we definitely need to add Sewell to even have a chance of beating them recruiting wise. I don't know that we do even with Sewell. I really had hoped Smalls would not pick UW. They at one point had been eliminated and out of contention but they wiggled their way back in and landed his commitment. Kids certainly change their mind a lot.
We are barely behind the dawgs, and we will prob still end up ahead of them, especially if we get Sewell.

Re: Smalls, tbh I think you're looking at the next Kavarrio Middleton. I think we'll live man.

Re: Noah Sewell discusses Oregon Ducks official visit

Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:26 pm
by DuckMastaFunk
Nice update. Thanks for posting Merg!

Re: Noah Sewell discusses Oregon Ducks official visit

Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:11 pm
by Merganzer
DuckMastaFunk wrote:Nice update. Thanks for posting Merg!
Thanks. It was certainly my pleasure.

Re: Noah Sewell discusses Oregon Ducks official visit

Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:16 pm
by GoDucksTroll
Juice wrote:
GoDucksIn09 wrote:I don't know what the margin is in terms of beating the huskies in recruiting but since they have added Smalls we definitely need to add Sewell to even have a chance of beating them recruiting wise. I don't know that we do even with Sewell. I really had hoped Smalls would not pick UW. They at one point had been eliminated and out of contention but they wiggled their way back in and landed his commitment. Kids certainly change their mind a lot.
We are barely behind the dawgs, and we will prob still end up ahead of them, especially if we get Sewell.

Re: Smalls, tbh I think you're looking at the next Kavarrio Middleton. I think we'll live man.
One high 3-star or a 4-star puts us above Washington in the recruiting rankings. I’m sure we’ll have a decommit or two, so if we get Sewell we’re definitely finishing above them. I think we get another big fish or maybe even two and another DL guy.

Re: Noah Sewell discusses Oregon Ducks official visit

Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:58 pm
by HomeSickDuck
Small’s may not even stick with Washington. No inside information, but his recruitment has just been weird and it wouldn’t surprise me to see him go elsewhere.

Re: Noah Sewell discusses Oregon Ducks official visit

Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:51 pm
by GoDucksTroll
HomeSickDuck wrote:Small’s may not even stick with Washington. No inside information, but his recruitment has just been weird and it wouldn’t surprise me to see him go elsewhere.
Oregon has been trying hard to get Smalls to take on OV to the Arizona game.

Re: Noah Sewell discusses Oregon Ducks official visit

Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:37 pm
by DuckDuckJuice
Rivals has our class at 10 and UW at 17. They still have Bennett Williams as a 2 star; I asked about it and they said he’d likely get a ratings bump.

Last time I looked at UWs class on 247 they had one five star(Smalls) and no 4 stars on the defensive side of the ball. I wouldn’t be surprised if Smalls decided he wanted to be part of a more talented defensive class. In the past he’s talked about how he would like to play opposite of Kayvon.

Re: Noah Sewell discusses Oregon Ducks official visit

Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:08 am
by Duck07
I can't think of a better True Fr to come in and replace Troy Dye next year and Noah knows it.

Re: Noah Sewell discusses Oregon Ducks official visit

Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:29 pm
by RanDux
Duck07 wrote:I can't think of a better True Fr to come in and replace Troy Dye next year and Noah knows it.
Would he play the same position as Dye?

Re: Noah Sewell discusses Oregon Ducks official visit

Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:11 pm
by lukeyrid13
I think so. Sewell is likely an inside linebacker like dye.

Re: Noah Sewell discusses Oregon Ducks official visit

Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:18 pm
by karlhungis
Duck07 wrote:I can't think of a better True Fr to come in and replace Troy Dye next year and Noah knows it.
Is he a higher rated LB than Funa was?

Re: Noah Sewell discusses Oregon Ducks official visit

Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:23 pm
by gogreen55
karlhungis wrote:
Duck07 wrote:I can't think of a better True Fr to come in and replace Troy Dye next year and Noah knows it.
Is he a higher rated LB than Funa was?
Yes. Funa had a .9681 composite score on 247. Sewell has a .9904. Funa was dealing with an injury though.

Re: Noah Sewell discusses Oregon Ducks official visit

Posted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:32 am
by StevensTechU
I don't get a good feeling about this. I feel like Georgia may end up being the pick. Makes no sense but kids go where they wanna go.