Page 1 of 3

Willie FIRED

Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:31 pm
by betty white
Guess the FSU AD decided to finally Do Something

Taggart FIRED @ FSU

Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:33 pm
by Merganzer

Re: Taggart FIRED @ FSU

Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:37 pm
by bigsugarduck

TAGGART FIRED per (espn)

Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:40 pm
by cmmadness
:D

I ordinarily try not to take delight in the misfortunes of others,
but this is Karmic retribution if I've even seen it.

Re: TAGGART FIRED per (espn)

Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:41 pm
by jimmy12

Re: TAGGART FIRED per (espn)

Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:44 pm
by droop10
This could be great on multiple fronts. I think FSU is making this move now to get on Urban before SC can get a chance.

Re: TAGGART FIRED per (espn)

Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:49 pm
by karlhungis
Any croots we should try to flip?

Re: TAGGART FIRED per (espn)

Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:51 pm
by pezsez1
"Do something."

Re: Taggart FIRED @ FSU

Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:22 pm
by SuperDuck
I wonder if they'd come after Mario Cristobol? He's done well at Oregon, especially in recruiting. Still, he's also had a very good QB to run the offense, as well as an outstanding O-line. I personally see him being in Mark Helfrich territory until he can put together at least 2-3 good seasons after Herbert leaves. But you never know...

Re: Taggart FIRED @ FSU

Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:28 pm
by DuckMastaFunk
SuperDuck wrote:I wonder if they'd come after Mario Cristobol? He's done well at Oregon, especially in recruiting. Still, he's also had a very good QB to run the offense, as well as an outstanding O-line. I personally see him being in Mark Helfrich territory until he can put together at least 2-3 good seasons after Herbert leaves. But you never know...
I doubt many FSU fans would go along with going to the steal-the-HC-from-Oregon well again. Kinda burned them last time they did it. Thanks t would be like us firing Helf then promoting one of his assistants.

Re: TAGGART FIRED per (espn)

Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:29 pm
by brich75
droop10 wrote:This could be great on multiple fronts. I think FSU is making this move now to get on Urban before SC can get a chance.
Urban said he quit for health reasons, are we sure he even wants to coach again? I see his name getting tossed around for every big job out there. I would have to assume if he really had health issues the stress of coaching isn’t what he wants.

Re: Taggart FIRED @ FSU

Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:32 pm
by greenyellow
Couldn't happen to a snakier dude. Hey Willie, havin' a good day?

Re: TAGGART FIRED per (espn)

Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:45 pm
by squintsdd
droop10 wrote:This could be great on multiple fronts. I think FSU is making this move now to get on Urban before SC can get a chance.
Geez, can we stop trying to link UM to every potential head coaching job? He's not a potential coach until he actually says or shows he is.

Re: TAGGART FIRED per (espn)

Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:47 pm
by DuckMastaFunk
brich75 wrote:
droop10 wrote:This could be great on multiple fronts. I think FSU is making this move now to get on Urban before SC can get a chance.
Urban said he quit for health reasons, are we sure he even wants to coach again? I see his name getting tossed around for every big job out there. I would have to assume if he really had health issues the stress of coaching isn’t what he wants.
Except Urban Meyer retired from Florida for “health reasons” that magically disappeared a year later when the Ohio State job came up.

Re: TAGGART FIRED per (espn)

Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:57 pm
by droop10
brich75 wrote:
droop10 wrote:This could be great on multiple fronts. I think FSU is making this move now to get on Urban before SC can get a chance.
Urban said he quit for health reasons, are we sure he even wants to coach again? I see his name getting tossed around for every big job out there. I would have to assume if he really had health issues the stress of coaching isn’t what he wants.
Urban is full of it. He leaves whenever things get difficult at his place of employment. That’s when his health issues always start to crop up. He’s coming back. It’s just a matter of where. Sources close to him have already said he’s interested in coming back, he said last week he’d take the Cowboys job if offered. He’ll be back...