Page 1 of 1

Tua Tagovailoa Starts, Leaves Mississippi State Game on Cart

Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:19 pm
by Merganzer

Re: Tua Tagovailoa Starts, Leaves Mississippi State Game on

Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:56 pm
by Tray Dub
He was reportedly screaming in pain as he was carted off. Does not bode well.

Obviously this is a terrible thing and nothing to ever root for, full stop. But with that said, just analyzing the situation, if he's out for the season it might actually make the committee a bit less willing to put Bama in over us if we both win out. A big part of why some people prefer Bama is the belief they're just better than us, that they pass the eye test better than we do, blah blah blah. If their star QB is out, I think that argument is out the window.

Re: Tua Tagovailoa Starts, Leaves Mississippi State Game on

Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:10 pm
by Merganzer
Tray Dub wrote:He was reportedly screaming in pain as he was carted off. Does not bode well.

Obviously this is a terrible thing and nothing to ever root for, full stop. But with that said, just analyzing the situation, if he's out for the season it might actually make the committee a bit less willing to put Bama in over us if we both win out. A big part of why some people prefer Bama is the belief they're just better than us, that they pass the eye test better than we do, blah blah blah. If their star QB is out, I think that argument is out the window.
blah, blah, blah, eye test absolutely, it's the key component of the committee, so while its very unfortunate for Tua, & I hope he recovers in time for workouts for NFL teams in the spring, it does make Alabama vulnerable. Although I'm not completely sure that the committee wouldn't look at Alabama and say, "That was so impressive how they competed down the stretch without Tua, they should be rewarded for that."

Re: Tua Tagovailoa Starts, Leaves Mississippi State Game on

Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:19 pm
by Quietduck
I'm not going to say anything about the injury as I never what them to happen but the "Eye Test" is and should be never said again. Over and over again it has the argument to keep the familiar teams in the playoff and or in the rankings based on the bias of the sportscaster. The "Eye Test" only could be realistic if the two teams are on the field at the same time and then we have a better test it's called a win. I honestly believe that many of the sportscasters would apply the "Eye test" and eliminate teams even if the teams had met and the better eye test team had lost.

Re: Tua Tagovailoa Starts, Leaves Mississippi State Game on

Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:31 pm
by Merganzer
Quietduck wrote:I'm not going to say anything about the injury as I never what them to happen but the "Eye Test" is and should be never said again. Over and over again it has the argument to keep the familiar teams in the playoff and or in the rankings based on the bias of the sportscaster. The "Eye Test" only could be realistic if the two teams are on the field at the same time and then we have a better test it's called a win. I honestly believe that many of the sportscasters would apply the "Eye test" and eliminate teams even if the teams had met and the better eye test team had lost.
2016: Penn State beats Ohio State, wins division & conference. Ohio State goes to the CFP.

Re: Tua Tagovailoa Starts, Leaves Mississippi State Game on

Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:39 pm
by Quietduck
An example. I don't care if the team wins the national championship or get blown out. They shouldn't be put in front of another team if they cannot demonstrate they are better. Penn State should have gone as they were the better team.

Re: Tua Tagovailoa Starts, Leaves Mississippi State Game on

Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:47 pm
by lukeyrid13
Rumor I’ve seen is broken hip for Tua

Re: Tua Tagovailoa Starts, Leaves Mississippi State Game on

Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:51 pm
by SuperDuck
lukeyrid13 wrote:Rumor I’ve seen is broken hip for Tua
That's just horrible! I hope not. Poor kid. :cry:

Re: Tua Tagovailoa Starts, Leaves Mississippi State Game on

Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:54 pm
by Quietduck
Ouch!!! Hope heal heals quickly and cleanly.

Re: Tua Tagovailoa Starts, Leaves Mississippi State Game on

Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:05 pm
by Merganzer

Re: Tua Tagovailoa Starts, Leaves Mississippi State Game on

Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:34 pm
by dthomas=ddixon
The way he fell on his hip my first thought was Bo Jackson. Hopefully he has a full recovery.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Tua Tagovailoa Starts, Leaves Mississippi State Game on

Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:37 pm
by Tray Dub
Done for the season.

Re: Tua Tagovailoa Starts, Leaves Mississippi State Game on

Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:52 pm
by UOducksTK1
Poor guy, bama out of playoffs now? Assuming LSU makes it to conf champ game.