Page 1 of 1
Today-- Additional Recruits to this class (1)
Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:23 am
by jimmy12
I am expecting only Jayson Jones. He is a monster, arguably slow, but BIG. I like him though as I think he could transition to OL if he doesn't workout on the DL. The more I read about Wideman, the more I think he's going to Ole Miss. I am not expecting any surprises.
Re: Today-- Additional Recruits to this class (1)
Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:03 am
by GoDucksTroll
It has seemed like a sure thing. But we'll see: he's announcing at 12:00 PST. The only doubt I have is that 4-star DT McKinley Jackson that was expected to go to Alabama committed to Texas A&M today.
Wideman seems like he's staying in the south.
The Avantae Williams boat sailed a while ago, but if anyone is curious he committed to Miami - had 100% crystal balls for Florida, but then Miami hired Ed Reed.
Re: Today-- Additional Recruits to this class (1)
Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:31 am
by RanDux
Do we know when Wideman is announcing?
Re: Today-- Additional Recruits to this class (1)
Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:32 am
by Alan
Correct me if I am wrong please. Today is LOI day, the old traditional LOI day but recruits have until 8/1/20 to sign. Is that correct? If so are we expecting any signings today? Please correct any of. My three questions if my assumptions are wrong. Thanks you!
Re: Today-- Additional Recruits to this class (1)
Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:49 am
by GoDucksTroll
RanDux wrote:Do we know when Wideman is announcing?
Wideman signed with Tennessee.
Re: Today-- Additional Recruits to this class (1)
Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:15 pm
by greenyellow
I bet Oregon will be kicking the tires in the grad transfer market for a WR. Wouldn't be surprised if they look at an OL as well.
Re: Today-- Additional Recruits to this class (1)
Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:43 pm
by Phenom
greenyellow wrote:I bet Oregon will be kicking the tires in the grad transfer market for a WR. Wouldn't be surprised if they look at an OL as well.
I don't know about WR but I could definitely see us going after an OL. There's a Bama guy that was transferring that Mario helped recruit. Don't remember his name.
Maybe a QB too?
Re: Today-- Additional Recruits to this class (1)
Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:40 pm
by GoDucksTroll
Phenom wrote:greenyellow wrote:I bet Oregon will be kicking the tires in the grad transfer market for a WR. Wouldn't be surprised if they look at an OL as well.
I don't know about WR but I could definitely see us going after an OL. There's a Bama guy that was transferring that Mario helped recruit. Don't remember his name.
Maybe a QB too?
I think the transferring Bama OL was Scott Lashley. He's going to Mississippi State.
Re: Today-- Additional Recruits to this class (1)
Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:44 pm
by GrantDuck
Happy we filled that "big fatty in the middle" role in this class.
Only thing we missed on(on paper) was Tight End, which just means we really need Webb and Herbert to develop.
Re: Today-- Additional Recruits to this class (1)
Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:08 pm
by Phenom
GoDucksTroll wrote:Phenom wrote:greenyellow wrote:I bet Oregon will be kicking the tires in the grad transfer market for a WR. Wouldn't be surprised if they look at an OL as well.
I don't know about WR but I could definitely see us going after an OL. There's a Bama guy that was transferring that Mario helped recruit. Don't remember his name.
Maybe a QB too?
I think the transferring Bama OL was Scott Lashley. He's going to Mississippi State.
I think you're right. That's a bummer.
Re: Today-- Additional Recruits to this class (1)
Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:52 am
by RanDux
I'm glad we left a couple spots open. That grad transfer of Johnson last year worked out really well last year. Hopefully we can pull it off again this year.