Page 1 of 1

Here is a shocking stat about Alabama

Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:59 pm
by Alan
I heard this today and did some research, Bama has only had two Hiesman Trophy winners in their history! This through all the national championships and the Bear Bryant years. I was surprised. Mark Ingram in 2009 and Derrick Henry.


”2 Alabama players have won the Heisman Trophy – RB Mark Ingram in 2009 and RB Derrick Henry in 2015. 3 Alabama players have finished third in the Heisman Trophy balloting – WR David Palmer in 1993, RB Trent Richardson in 2011 and WR Amari Cooper in 2014.”

Re: Here is a shocking stat about Alabama

Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:13 pm
by lukeyrid13
And I would argue that neither was the best player in the country or deserving in their respective years or even the best Rb that year.

Re: Here is a shocking stat about Alabama

Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:20 pm
by OregonFan4Life
lukeyrid13 wrote:And I would argue that neither was the best player in the country or deserving in their respective years or even the best Rob that year.
Ingram winning it was a joke. For a few years the voters had no creativity and were just giving to the finalist on the best team. Ingram won Heisman as a RB over Gerhart who won the Doak Walker award for best RB.