Page 1 of 2

Dabo is a moron

Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:40 pm
by Phenom

Re: Dabo is a moron

Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:04 pm
by nogerO
If that was a question I would say it was rhetorical...

Re: Dabo is a moron

Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:16 pm
by Phalanx
Not really getting the Dabo hate here. Is it because he beats the ducks out for recruits?

Re: Dabo is a moron

Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:01 pm
by StevensTechU
It's because he's a piece of s***.

Re: Dabo is a moron

Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:47 pm
by woundedknees
StevensTechU wrote:It's because he's a piece of s***.
Could it be he's a 'Bizarro' version of Mario, similar to the DC 'Bizarro', alter-ego of Superman?

Image

"Shucks, son! Y'all oughta come play fer me, what yuh should!"

Re: Dabo is a moron

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:58 am
by Phalanx
StevensTechU wrote:It's because he's a piece of s***.
Great, thanks for the informative response. :roll:


What is the specific behavior you object to?

Re: Dabo is a moron

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:18 am
by Alan
Phalanx wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:It's because he's a piece of s***.
Great, thanks for the informative response. :roll:


What is the specific behavior you object to?

Would you please clarify why you feel Dabo is a moron?

Re: Dabo is a moron

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:37 am
by StevensTechU
https://saturdaytradition.com/big-ten-f ... ting-paid/

tl;dr Dabo: if players get paid, I quit.

Re: Dabo is a moron

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:01 pm
by GoDucksIn09
Call me old. Call me a traditionalist. Call me whatever you want. These kids who are on scholarship get a free education with nutritionist, tutors, drs to help them with injuries, rehabilitation, free tuition, free room and board. I never had any of that when I went to school because I did not have the physical gifts these kids do. Yes the colleges make lots of money from them and I would be ok if they get compensated, after they graduate or something, but while in school they already get more than 90% of the college students they see in class. I get tired of the argument that they are not compensated. I would have loved to have all the accesses they are given if had the physical tools they are given. I am just old. I do think the coaches should all across the board take a pay cut. We pay some of the coaches more money in 1 year than what I will make in a lifetime. I think many here would agree the coaches and administrators that are making 6 or 7 figures are way overpaid. Just my two cents. I have no issues with Dabo.

Dabo is a moron

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:15 pm
by UofDuck
GoDucksIn09 wrote:Call me old. Call me a traditionalist. Call me whatever you want. These kids who are on scholarship get a free education with nutritionist, tutors, drs to help them with injuries, rehabilitation, free tuition, free room and board. I never had any of that when I went to school because I did not have the physical gifts these kids do. Yes the colleges make lots of money from them and I would be ok if they get compensated, after they graduate or something, but while in school they already get more than 90% of the college students they see in class. I get tired of the argument that they are not compensated. I would have loved to have all the accesses they are given if had the physical tools they are given. I am just old. I do think the coaches should all across the board take a pay cut. We pay some of the coaches more money in 1 year than what I will make in a lifetime. I think many here would agree the coaches and administrators that are making 6 or 7 figures are way overpaid. Just my two cents. I have no issues with Dabo.
Danny Kanell (sp?) was on the radio a few months ago and said a NCAA football player’s life is golden. He left college to play minor league baseball and said the life that a college football lives - so pampered- is a hundred fold better than the life of a minor league pro baseball player. The money earned in baseball does not offset the food, attention, gear, special privileges a college football player enjoys... he said his time in college was unreal and amazing.

Re: Dabo is a moron

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:29 pm
by karlhungis
Phalanx wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:It's because he's a piece of s***.
Great, thanks for the informative response. :roll:


What is the specific behavior you object to?
Flying to Florida during a quarantine is a good starting point. Plus his little ol Clemson schtick is extremely tiresome. And my own personal impression is that he is a charlatan that pretends to be more religious than he is to appeal to recruits.

Re: Dabo is a moron

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:47 pm
by Duck07
Biggus Duckus wrote:He's obviously a Trump supporter. Hard pass.
This is dumb.

Re: Dabo is a moron

Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:10 am
by Phalanx
So taking these objects one by one:

1. He took a private plane to his own vacation house in Florida. I'm not sure what the issue is here. Isn't he just as able to be quarantined at one of his houses as at another? Do they have different cooties in Florida vs. South Carolina? It sounds like he didn't break any laws in traveling from one of his homes to another. Pretty much every one of our congress people have done the same thing in the last few weeks. I wonder if Dabo ran into Jordon Scott while he was there. Apparently, Jordon went back to Florida a few weeks ago because his other home is there. Guess we'll have to put Jordon on the moron list too, especially since he probably flew commercial, whereas Dabo was in a private plane.

2. He acts too religious / must be a big fat hypocrite. I can't speak to this, since I don't know him. Is there some blatant evidence of his being hypocritical, like Ernie Kent cheating on his wife, or something like that? If being overtly religious is a reason to hate people, please don't ever move to the South. Or Italy. Or the Middle East. Actually, maybe just stay in Oregon, and you'll be fine. Maybe not Southern Oregon though. Well, Ashland is probably okay.

3. He's probably a Trump supporter. Really? You don't like someone because he might be one of the 63 million people who voted for Trump instead of Hillary Clinton a few years ago? Forgive me, but that seems a little close-minded. If you found out that some of the Oregon players or coaches voted for Trump, would you also dislike them?

4. He doesn't think college football players should get paid, even though he makes $93 million. I actually agree that his opinion seems rather self-serving, but let's not pretend that college players are getting nothing. As a father of college-age students, I am painfully aware of how much an education costs. Anyway, I think there are quite a few coaches who agree that players shouldn't be paid, and certainly that has been the prevailing opinion among coaches for many decades now. Do you also think all of those coaches are morons?

I gotta be honest...I was really hoping there were better reasons - like he fake-punted on fourth down up several touchdowns in the 4th quarter or something.

Re: Dabo is a moron

Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:31 am
by RebelDuck
Phalanx wrote:So taking these objects one by one:

1. He took a private plane to his own vacation house in Florida. I'm not sure what the issue is here. Isn't he just as able to be quarantined at one of his houses as at another? Do they have different cooties in Florida vs. South Carolina? It sounds like he didn't break any laws in traveling from one of his homes to another. Pretty much every one of our congress people have done the same thing in the last few weeks. I wonder if Dabo ran into Jordon Scott while he was there. Apparently, Jordon went back to Florida a few weeks ago because his other home is there. Guess we'll have to put Jordon on the moron list too, especially since he probably flew commercial, whereas Dabo was in a private plane.

2. He acts too religious / must be a big fat hypocrite. I can't speak to this, since I don't know him. Is there some blatant evidence of his being hypocritical, like Ernie Kent cheating on his wife, or something like that? If being overtly religious is a reason to hate people, please don't ever move to the South. Or Italy. Or the Middle East. Actually, maybe just stay in Oregon, and you'll be fine. Maybe not Southern Oregon though. Well, Ashland is probably okay.

3. He's probably a Trump supporter. Really? You don't like someone because he might be one of the 63 million people who voted for Trump instead of Hillary Clinton a few years ago? Forgive me, but that seems a little close-minded. If you found out that some of the Oregon players or coaches voted for Trump, would you also dislike them?

4. He doesn't think college football players should get paid, even though he makes $93 million. I actually agree that his opinion seems rather self-serving, but let's not pretend that college players are getting nothing. As a father of college-age students, I am painfully aware of how much an education costs. Anyway, I think there are quite a few coaches who agree that players shouldn't be paid, and certainly that has been the prevailing opinion among coaches for many decades now. Do you also think all of those coaches are morons?

I gotta be honest...I was really hoping there were better reasons - like he fake-punted on fourth down up several touchdowns in the 4th quarter or something.
+1000

Re: Dabo is a moron

Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:39 am
by OregonFan4Life
Phalanx wrote:So taking these objects one by one:

1. He took a private plane to his own vacation house in Florida. I'm not sure what the issue is here. Isn't he just as able to be quarantined at one of his houses as at another? Do they have different cooties in Florida vs. South Carolina? It sounds like he didn't break any laws in traveling from one of his homes to another. Pretty much every one of our congress people have done the same thing in the last few weeks. I wonder if Dabo ran into Jordon Scott while he was there. Apparently, Jordon went back to Florida a few weeks ago because his other home is there. Guess we'll have to put Jordon on the moron list too, especially since he probably flew commercial, whereas Dabo was in a private plane.

2. He acts too religious / must be a big fat hypocrite. I can't speak to this, since I don't know him. Is there some blatant evidence of his being hypocritical, like Ernie Kent cheating on his wife, or something like that? If being overtly religious is a reason to hate people, please don't ever move to the South. Or Italy. Or the Middle East. Actually, maybe just stay in Oregon, and you'll be fine. Maybe not Southern Oregon though. Well, Ashland is probably okay.

3. He's probably a Trump supporter. Really? You don't like someone because he might be one of the 63 million people who voted for Trump instead of Hillary Clinton a few years ago? Forgive me, but that seems a little close-minded. If you found out that some of the Oregon players or coaches voted for Trump, would you also dislike them?

4. He doesn't think college football players should get paid, even though he makes $93 million. I actually agree that his opinion seems rather self-serving, but let's not pretend that college players are getting nothing. As a father of college-age students, I am painfully aware of how much an education costs. Anyway, I think there are quite a few coaches who agree that players shouldn't be paid, and certainly that has been the prevailing opinion among coaches for many decades now. Do you also think all of those coaches are morons?

I gotta be honest...I was really hoping there were better reasons - like he fake-punted on fourth down up several touchdowns in the 4th quarter or something.
Good post, I’m not a Dabo fan by any means but it’s easy to be hated for success and for people to claim the hatred is for other reasons. Fact is he’s dominating college football right now. Only thing I’ll say is that about your 2nd point and how religious he is, there’s been reports that on the sideline during games he’s very vulgar. That’s the only reason I’ve heard for people claiming he’s a religious hypocrite.