Page 1 of 1

DE/OLB Brandon Buckner QUACKS

Posted: Fri May 29, 2020 3:20 pm
by StevensTechU
I really like this get for 3* Brandon Buckner out of Arizona.

https://scoopduck.com/s/4378/quuuuaaaac ... on-buckner

Re: DE/OLB Brandon Buckner QUACKS

Posted: Fri May 29, 2020 3:37 pm
by buckmarkduck
StevensTechU wrote:I really like this get for 3* Brandon Buckner out of Arizona.

https://scoopduck.com/s/4378/quuuuaaaac ... on-buckner

Funny to see all the star chasers crying about it. The kid is just a ball player, a dog. He's not the first off the bus, but he after 4 years, other fans will hate him. You can tell he has been coached up, he understands leverage much better than most HS kids. But he should since his dad is an NFL DL coach.

Re: DE/OLB Brandon Buckner QUACKS

Posted: Fri May 29, 2020 3:44 pm
by UOducksTK1
Nice! I wonder if he gets less love on his rankings because he's undersized.

Re: DE/OLB Brandon Buckner QUACKS

Posted: Fri May 29, 2020 3:46 pm
by buckmarkduck

Re: DE/OLB Brandon Buckner QUACKS

Posted: Fri May 29, 2020 3:54 pm
by duck55
Seems the last guy named Buckner turned out OK

Re: DE/OLB Brandon Buckner QUACKS

Posted: Fri May 29, 2020 4:10 pm
by gogreen55
Nick Reed was "too small" also.

Re: DE/OLB Brandon Buckner QUACKS

Posted: Fri May 29, 2020 4:40 pm
by GoDucksTroll
Love this one, great tape. And he's playing in a competitive league. The pedigree of having a dad who played nearly a dozen years in the league and has been an NFL position coach for a long time is a onus. Size is way overblown for edge rushers. Being 6'4" doesn't hurt, but Nick Reed, Darryl Tapp, Dwight Freeney, and others I'm sure I'm missing have shown that you can be successful at around 6 feet.

Re: DE/OLB Brandon Buckner QUACKS

Posted: Fri May 29, 2020 4:54 pm
by greenyellow

Re: DE/OLB Brandon Buckner QUACKS

Posted: Fri May 29, 2020 5:48 pm
by maxduck
Is that Alex Mirabal standing on the sidelines?

Re: DE/OLB Brandon Buckner QUACKS

Posted: Fri May 29, 2020 6:32 pm
by gogreen55
maxduck wrote:
Is that Alex Mirabal standing on the sidelines?
Yeah, good catch.

Re: DE/OLB Brandon Buckner QUACKS

Posted: Fri May 29, 2020 6:53 pm
by RanDux
What position are the Ducks recruiting him to play?

Re: DE/OLB Brandon Buckner QUACKS

Posted: Fri May 29, 2020 8:54 pm
by buckmarkduck
RanDux wrote:What position are the Ducks recruiting him to play?

He said OLB.

Re: DE/OLB Brandon Buckner QUACKS

Posted: Fri May 29, 2020 11:07 pm
by StevensTechU
gogreen55 wrote:Nick Reed was "too small" also.
Nick Reed is who I keep thinking about, along with Michael Clay. 'Enough' of the physical talent, but tons of football skill to spare.

Re: DE/OLB Brandon Buckner QUACKS

Posted: Fri May 29, 2020 11:11 pm
by buckmarkduck
StevensTechU wrote:
gogreen55 wrote:Nick Reed was "too small" also.
Nick Reed is who I keep thinking about, along with Michael Clay. 'Enough' of the physical talent, but tons of football skill to spare.
Not bad comparison. But when I watch his highlights, I see Daryl Tapp. I know he's coming in as a OLB, but he's already 235, and his dad played at 302. A couple years with Feld, and he will be 260ish.