Page 1 of 1

2022 RB Jaydn Ott decommits from Oregon

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:03 pm
by greenyellow
Oregon has lost 2022 RB Jaydn Ott, who committed way back in April 2019. Seems decommits like this happen any time you get someone committed that far out. With the way the Ducks are recruiting, I doubt they'll have a hard time finding a RB who wants to come to Oregon.

Re: 2022 RB Jaydn Ott decommits from Oregon

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:10 pm
by Tray Dub
Fair enough, he committed when he was like 15 or 16, he's probably right that he committed too early. Can't blame the kid. Just gotta hope we're still in the running.

Re: 2022 RB Jaydn Ott decommits from Oregon

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:41 am
by lukeyrid13
^ This is why I never pay attention when underclassmen commit. We had like a RB from Georgia when Taggart was here and then a Florida WR (Arjei Henderson?). I don't think either are even playing college football

Re: 2022 RB Jaydn Ott decommits from Oregon

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:31 pm
by UOducksTK1
I almost don't like having him decommit this early, because it almost feels like it disqualifies us from re-landing him.

Re: 2022 RB Jaydn Ott decommits from Oregon

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:28 pm
by karlhungis
Didn't this kid have a lot of potential? Or am I thinking of McGee?

Re: 2022 RB Jaydn Ott decommits from Oregon

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:47 pm
by chapelhillduck
Ott has been testing really well at camps lately.

Both have potential, I think Seven might be special though (although he’s barely played the last couple years)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: 2022 RB Jaydn Ott decommits from Oregon

Posted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:31 pm
by pdxduck2013
Saw that this kid decommited from Cal about a month ago. Given where he lives and goes to HS, any chance he is watching Travis Dye this year and thinking of himself at Oregon again?

Re: 2022 RB Jaydn Ott decommits from Oregon

Posted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:37 pm
by greenyellow
It'd be surprising if Oregon even takes a RB this year as Mastro said part of the deal with taking both Cardwell and McGee last class was that they wouldn't take an RB in 2022 unless it was one of the top 2-3 on their board.

Re: 2022 RB Jaydn Ott decommits from Oregon

Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:45 am
by EncinitasDuck
greenyellow wrote:It'd be surprising if Oregon even takes a RB this year as Mastro said part of the deal with taking both Cardwell and McGee last class was that they wouldn't take an RB in 2022 unless it was one of the top 2-3 on their board.
If that's true its the stupidest thing I've ever heard a coach say or do. I mean what if one or both suffers a season ending injury (Verdell) then the cubboard is going to be a little bare after Dye leaves. Hard to believe we would make that type of promise.

Re: 2022 RB Jaydn Ott decommits from Oregon

Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:03 am
by Duck07
EncinitasDuck wrote:
greenyellow wrote:It'd be surprising if Oregon even takes a RB this year as Mastro said part of the deal with taking both Cardwell and McGee last class was that they wouldn't take an RB in 2022 unless it was one of the top 2-3 on their board.
If that's true its the stupidest thing I've ever heard a coach say or do. I mean what if one or both suffers a season ending injury (Verdell) then the cubboard is going to be a little bare after Dye leaves. Hard to believe we would make that type of promise.
Covid rules for eligibility meant some odd changes had to occur and I think that's one of them. Verdell and Dye could both return next year so from a # standpoint we're already crowded. If they both leave this off-season then we'd just be lacking proven starters but the cupboard wouldn't be bare with Cardwell, Benson, Dollars, McGee and anything else that occurs over spring/summer.

Re: 2022 RB Jaydn Ott decommits from Oregon

Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:57 am
by EncinitasDuck
Duck07 wrote:
EncinitasDuck wrote:
greenyellow wrote:It'd be surprising if Oregon even takes a RB this year as Mastro said part of the deal with taking both Cardwell and McGee last class was that they wouldn't take an RB in 2022 unless it was one of the top 2-3 on their board.
If that's true its the stupidest thing I've ever heard a coach say or do. I mean what if one or both suffers a season ending injury (Verdell) then the cubboard is going to be a little bare after Dye leaves. Hard to believe we would make that type of promise.
Covid rules for eligibility meant some odd changes had to occur and I think that's one of them. Verdell and Dye could both return next year so from a # standpoint we're already crowded. If they both leave this off-season then we'd just be lacking proven starters but the cupboard wouldn't be bare with Cardwell, Benson, Dollars, McGee and anything else that occurs over spring/summer.
I only meant the cupboard would be bare if there were a couple big injuries among that group.

Re: 2022 RB Jaydn Ott decommits from Oregon

Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:10 pm
by droop10
EncinitasDuck wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
EncinitasDuck wrote:
greenyellow wrote:It'd be surprising if Oregon even takes a RB this year as Mastro said part of the deal with taking both Cardwell and McGee last class was that they wouldn't take an RB in 2022 unless it was one of the top 2-3 on their board.
If that's true its the stupidest thing I've ever heard a coach say or do. I mean what if one or both suffers a season ending injury (Verdell) then the cubboard is going to be a little bare after Dye leaves. Hard to believe we would make that type of promise.
Covid rules for eligibility meant some odd changes had to occur and I think that's one of them. Verdell and Dye could both return next year so from a # standpoint we're already crowded. If they both leave this off-season then we'd just be lacking proven starters but the cupboard wouldn't be bare with Cardwell, Benson, Dollars, McGee and anything else that occurs over spring/summer.
I only meant the cupboard would be bare if there were a couple big injuries among that group.
Well, you can say that about every position. You can only carry so many players on a team. I think RB just isn’t a position that urgently needs someone right now, and they only gave a few spots left anyway.