Page 1 of 1

How does this play out?

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:23 am
by nogerO
What will happen to college football this fall?

I think it will be cancelled until spring. The good news is if they do that, and this corona cough goes away the seniors will be able to play to the end of their season, unlike the basketball teams that were not. I also think that after the election (no matter who wins) this will go away quickly.

Re: How does this play out?

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:25 am
by OregonFan4Life
I hope we get a full season in the spring but I’m afraid the most likely scenario is that there will be no college football this season at all.

Re: How does this play out?

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:04 am
by karlhungis
The season will be canceled but I don't think it will be played in the spring either. I don't think it is over as we know it, I just don't think we get any football until next fall at the earliest.

Re: How does this play out?

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:59 am
by Anatinae
Looks like JUCO is moving their season to the spring. I think we will have to wait for an effective vaccine.

Re: How does this play out?

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:05 pm
by Duck07
karlhungis wrote:The season will be canceled but I don't think it will be played in the spring either. I don't think it is over as we know it, I just don't think we get any football until next fall at the earliest.
The Spring Plan is there so people can cling to the hope of it all. I believe its also based in part on the 1918 Flu Model and its absurd to use that timeline but I also think contrary to that, that its also possible we play in the Spring because we could reach a point where we accept a certain number of deaths and illness as countries like Sweden have gone about things differently and we decide we can change too.