Page 1 of 3
Christian Burkhalter
Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:05 pm
by SteelTown43
Cb's flooding in for the WDE from Alabama, including Wiltfong with a 9 out of 10 confidence
Re: Christian Burkhalter
Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:14 pm
by Phalanx
Looks like visions of five-star signings dancing in our heads are transitioning into a humbler reality. Seems to have a pretty decent offer list though.
Re: Christian Burkhalter
Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:09 pm
by SteelTown43
Assuming you're referring to JTT and Foreman, Burkhalter doesn't play the same position as either of them. I wouldn't read into a commitment from Burkhalter as a miss on either of those guys IMO
Re: Christian Burkhalter
Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:55 pm
by StevensTechU
I hope they slow play this. Burkhalter is like a clone of Cody Carrier, if anyone remembers him. Tall, lengthy WDE/OLB with terrific straight line speed, but hasn't really impressed on the football field.
Re: Christian Burkhalter
Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:42 am
by duckduckgoose
StevensTechU wrote:I hope they slow play this. Burkhalter is like a clone of Cody Carrier, if anyone remembers him. Tall, lengthy WDE/OLB with terrific straight line speed, but hasn't really impressed on the football field.
Carriger wasn’t it?
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Re: Christian Burkhalter
Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:48 pm
by StevensTechU
Yea, just a typo. Sorry.
Re: Christian Burkhalter
Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:28 pm
by StevensTechU
I didn't see this until now, but looks like he's set to announce tomorrow at 2pm PST.
Re: Christian Burkhalter
Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:41 pm
by kingk1
seems like with so few scholarships spots left and so many big fish targets on the board that this commitment would be a bit underwhelming.
Re: Christian Burkhalter
Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:29 pm
by SteelTown43
Guys, trust the coaches and the prospect's offer sheet
Re: Christian Burkhalter
Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:33 pm
by StevensTechU
SteelTown43 wrote:Guys, trust the coaches and the prospect's offer sheet
I just went back and re-watched through the lense of him being an OLB instead of WDE. I don't think he'd be a bad pickup. As I said earlier, he has plus speed and athleticism, and re-watching, he actually looks like he does really well in space. The critique I still have is but didn't say before is that, if you watch his exuberant celebrations and s***-talking after the play is dead, he seems like a big douchebag. Hopefully he grows out of it but even if not, you're never gonna like all hundred guys on your team.
https://www.hudl.com/video/3/10047834/5 ... 0e6067b8f4
Re: Christian Burkhalter
Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:02 pm
by lukeyrid13
We all love Kiko and he was out there trying to hurt guys and took a bunch of cheap shots. You love them when it’s your guys but hate it when it’s Vontaze Burfict. Just how it is.
Re: Christian Burkhalter
Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:09 pm
by StevensTechU
I don't like the showboating. Been a Foreman guy rather than an Ali guy since I was a young.
Re: Christian Burkhalter
Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:04 pm
by Tray Dub
Just watched the video – I saw him talk s*** one time. Even that was for just a few seconds. A couple celebrations but nothing out of the ordinary. Really don't see the problem, he seems like a passionate guy to me.
Re: Christian Burkhalter
Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:10 am
by Phalanx
I'm not a showboating guy either, but if you've ever played sports, you know it can be tough to keep yourself under control sometimes. Maturity often comes with age and experience, and it probably doesn't hurt to be around other athletically superior guys who might help provide one with some humility.
Re: Christian Burkhalter
Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:34 am
by jimmy12
StevensTechU wrote:SteelTown43 wrote:Guys, trust the coaches and the prospect's offer sheet
I just went back and re-watched through the lense of him being an OLB instead of WDE. I don't think he'd be a bad pickup. As I said earlier, he has plus speed and athleticism, and re-watching, he actually looks like he does really well in space. The critique I still have is but didn't say before is that, if you watch his exuberant celebrations and s***-talking after the play is dead, he seems like a big douchebag. Hopefully he grows out of it but even if not, you're never gonna like all hundred guys on your team.
https://www.hudl.com/video/3/10047834/5 ... 0e6067b8f4
I agree, but I also think Coach Cristobal, Coach Joe will knock that right out of him day 1. There are too many dogs on this defense for him to showboat too loudly. Every team needs 1 Chaz Michael Michaels and it's looking like we got one. Welcome Chaz!