Page 1 of 1

Final Prediction revisited

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:51 am
by jimmy12
I've been reading and listening to various "experts." While every prediction is speculation, it is fun to guess. The latest that I am hearing the Ducks will only take 24 in this class UNLESS one of the big fish commit. In that case, they would take 25. This leaves 3 spots to get to 24. The 3 that I am hearing will likely (again, guessing) be:

S- Jeffrey Bassa: https://247sports.com/Player/Jeffrey-Bassa-46056163/
The Ducks want 2 safeties in this class and Bassa is VERY likely to be the second one to commit after David committed yesterday.

WR- Donte Thorton https://247sports.com/Player/Donte-Thornton-46056489/
The Ducks want 4 WRs in this class and it is a terribly kept secret that Thorton will be the 4th.

DT--JT Tuimoloau: https://247sports.com/Player/JT-Tuimoloau-46048440/
The number 1 player in the country. The Ducks like where they are with JT. All pundits think it's Ohio State. I think he stays close and plays for the Ducks.

They will then leave the 25th spot for a Korey Foreman, Bryce Foster OR transfer portal player.

I would be over the moon with these last 3. There has been some debate about Bassa and whether he is rated high enough to reserve a spot. I am hearing that the staff is very high on him and will accept his commitment should he verbal.

Re: Final Prediction revisited

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:50 pm
by StevensTechU
The Ducks made an official offer yesterday to Benjamin Perry out of Illinois, a safety who is currently committed to Louisville. I don't particularly love it because he has minus athleticism, but I wanted to mention it because I think it may indicate that a commitment from Bassa is unlikely.

Re: Final Prediction revisited

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:33 am
by Phalanx
StevensTechU wrote:The Ducks made an official offer yesterday to Benjamin Perry out of Illinois, a safety who is currently committed to Louisville. I don't particularly love it because he has minus athleticism, but I wanted to mention it because I think it may indicate that a commitment from Bassa is unlikely.
Interesting that Perry was recruited by Cort Dennison at Louisville. I wonder who is stealing whose recruit.

Re: Final Prediction revisited

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:29 am
by jimmy12
StevensTechU wrote:The Ducks made an official offer yesterday to Benjamin Perry out of Illinois, a safety who is currently committed to Louisville. I don't particularly love it because he has minus athleticism, but I wanted to mention it because I think it may indicate that a commitment from Bassa is unlikely.
This could be a way to put more pressure on Bassa to commit.

Re: Final Prediction revisited

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:25 am
by jimmy12
StevensTechU wrote:The Ducks made an official offer yesterday to Benjamin Perry out of Illinois, a safety who is currently committed to Louisville. I don't particularly love it because he has minus athleticism, but I wanted to mention it because I think it may indicate that a commitment from Bassa is unlikely.
I liked his film. He didn't look that slow to me (I am no expert). What didnt you like? Do you like Bassa?

Re: Final Prediction revisited

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:11 am
by StevensTechU
He looked slow on film, and so I pulled up his track numbers and his 200m PR is 24.16 . For comparison, Brenden Schooler ran a 21.92 in high school.

It's impossible to say what his 40 would be exactly, but I'd say he around or over a 4.8.

Re: Final Prediction revisited

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:56 am
by jimmy12
StevensTechU wrote:He looked slow on film, and so I pulled up his track numbers and his 200m PR is 24.16 . For comparison, Brenden Schooler ran a 21.92 in high school.

It's impossible to say what his 40 would be exactly, but I'd say he around or over a 4.8.

Yikes-- that is slow. Faster than me, but still slow for a safety.

Re: Final Prediction revisited

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:00 am
by lukeyrid13
I am hearing/reading essentially the same

S - Bassa or another safety will be 1 spot for sure

Thornton - 99% Duck lock

JTT - 50/50 with us or Ohio State but most assuming if it stays that way, he will stay closer to home.

Foreman is likely going the SEC route

Re: Final Prediction revisited

Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:27 pm
by thomas time
Bassa is announcing Monday at six p.m.

Re: Final Prediction revisited

Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:30 pm
by StevensTechU
Sounds like they're gonna land Bassa, but he's going to end up an OLB, I'm pretty sure. He's sort of in the mold of Dye and Winston, body type wise. Skill wise, he plays off the edge in high school and it seems that's where he's most comfortable.

Re: Final Prediction revisited

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:35 am
by jimmy12
jimmy12 wrote:I've been reading and listening to various "experts." While every prediction is speculation, it is fun to guess. The latest that I am hearing the Ducks will only take 24 in this class UNLESS one of the big fish commit. In that case, they would take 25. This leaves 3 spots to get to 24. The 3 that I am hearing will likely (again, guessing) be:

S- Jeffrey Bassa: https://247sports.com/Player/Jeffrey-Bassa-46056163/
The Ducks want 2 safeties in this class and Bassa is VERY likely to be the second one to commit after David committed yesterday.

WR- Donte Thorton https://247sports.com/Player/Donte-Thornton-46056489/
The Ducks want 4 WRs in this class and it is a terribly kept secret that Thorton will be the 4th.

DT--JT Tuimoloau: https://247sports.com/Player/JT-Tuimoloau-46048440/
The number 1 player in the country. The Ducks like where they are with JT. All pundits think it's Ohio State. I think he stays close and plays for the Ducks.

They will then leave the 25th spot for a Korey Foreman, Bryce Foster OR transfer portal player.

I would be over the moon with these last 3. There has been some debate about Bassa and whether he is rated high enough to reserve a spot. I am hearing that the staff is very high on him and will accept his commitment should he verbal.
Not to quote myself here, but looks like the Ducks have a great chance at JTT and transfer (Ika). That would be an incredible ending. FYI-- IKA is a MONSTER: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W14IYSPLuMM

Re: Final Prediction revisited

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:52 pm
by GrantDuck
jimmy12 wrote:
jimmy12 wrote:I've been reading and listening to various "experts." While every prediction is speculation, it is fun to guess. The latest that I am hearing the Ducks will only take 24 in this class UNLESS one of the big fish commit. In that case, they would take 25. This leaves 3 spots to get to 24. The 3 that I am hearing will likely (again, guessing) be:

S- Jeffrey Bassa: https://247sports.com/Player/Jeffrey-Bassa-46056163/
The Ducks want 2 safeties in this class and Bassa is VERY likely to be the second one to commit after David committed yesterday.

WR- Donte Thorton https://247sports.com/Player/Donte-Thornton-46056489/
The Ducks want 4 WRs in this class and it is a terribly kept secret that Thorton will be the 4th.

DT--JT Tuimoloau: https://247sports.com/Player/JT-Tuimoloau-46048440/
The number 1 player in the country. The Ducks like where they are with JT. All pundits think it's Ohio State. I think he stays close and plays for the Ducks.

They will then leave the 25th spot for a Korey Foreman, Bryce Foster OR transfer portal player.

I would be over the moon with these last 3. There has been some debate about Bassa and whether he is rated high enough to reserve a spot. I am hearing that the staff is very high on him and will accept his commitment should he verbal.
Not to quote myself here, but looks like the Ducks have a great chance at JTT and transfer (Ika). That would be an incredible ending. FYI-- IKA is a MONSTER: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W14IYSPLuMM

What do the Duck message boards know that the national guys don't on JTT? lol.

Ika is a beast and I hope he considers us again. Would be a good fit with Jordon leaving, closer to home for him.