Page 1 of 2
Cal - washington Cancelled
Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:22 pm
by StevensTechU
Cal reportedly with an outbreak. Bummer. I looked forward to watching the bears beat on the huskies.
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... oronavirus
Re: Cal - washington Cancelled
Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:01 pm
by Duck07
This seems odd if its just 1 player at this point. I'd think the League/School would just increase the frequency of the testing to ensure the players are safe.
Re: Cal - washington Cancelled
Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:15 pm
by StevensTechU
From other sources, there was one positive but the whole position group is now under observation. Sounds a bit harsh, but I also don't know all the details.
Re: Cal - washington Cancelled
Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:50 pm
by nogerO
Duck07 wrote:This seems odd if its just 1 player at this point. I'd think the League/School would just increase the frequency of the testing to ensure the players are safe.
Well it is Kalifornia...
Re: Cal - washington Cancelled
Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:40 pm
by Alan
The media report I heard was one DB tested positive and was in a meeting room with all DB’s, so by PAC rules for playing during Covid all exposed players are out for 14 days. Meaning Cals next game with one of the Arizona schools wiill be canceled also. It might be a long 7 game season.
Re: Cal - washington Cancelled
Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:05 pm
by StevensTechU
Alan wrote:The media report I heard was one DB tested positive and was in a meeting room with all DB’s, so by PAC rules for playing during Covid all exposed players are out for 14 days. Meaning Cals next game with one of the Arizona schools wiill be canceled also. It might be a long 7 game season.
Cal has a real shot at an undefeated season. 1-0 is a real possibility.
Re: Cal - washington Cancelled
Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:01 pm
by squintsdd
Duck07 wrote:This seems odd if its just 1 player at this point. I'd think the League/School would just increase the frequency of the testing to ensure the players are safe.
Several players have to be placed into isolation because of course contact to the infected player. They no longer have enough scholarship players to play
Re: Cal - washington Cancelled
Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:30 am
by Duck07
squintsdd wrote:Duck07 wrote:This seems odd if its just 1 player at this point. I'd think the League/School would just increase the frequency of the testing to ensure the players are safe.
Several players have to be placed into isolation because of course contact to the infected player. They no longer have enough scholarship players to play
Yes but if Alabama can test Saban every single day to get him to coach, it seems they had more than enough time to test those players who had to isolate.
The nfl has also said that they have zero evidence of on field transmission.
Re: Cal - washington Cancelled
Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:43 am
by gogreen55
Duck07 wrote:Yes but if Alabama can test Saban every single day to get him to coach, it seems they had more than enough time to test those players who had to isolate.
The nfl has also said that they have zero evidence of on field transmission.
I listened to Jon Wilner interviewed on KJR and, according to him at least, the only reason this game was cancelled was due to contact tracing/quarantine rules specific to Berkeley. Had this exact same scenario happened at any other school in the conference, including other teams in the state of California, the game would have been played. I don't know for sure if he is accurate with that assessment (I don't know the exact rules in Eugene, for example), but that is what he said.
Re: Cal - washington Cancelled
Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:51 am
by Duck07
gogreen55 wrote:I listened to Jon Wilner interviewed on KJR and, according to him at least, the only reason this game was cancelled was due to contact tracing/quarantine rules specific to Berkeley. Had this exact same scenario happened at any other school in the conference, including other teams in the state of California, the game would have been played. I don't know for sure if he is accurate with that assessment (I don't know the exact rules in Eugene, for example), but that is what he said.
This would make more sense because based on what we've seen from the other sports leagues, daily testing should help determine if anyone who was considered to be in close contact has likely gotten it.
Re: Cal - washington Cancelled
Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:35 pm
by Tray Dub
And now Utah-Arizona is off. No bueno.
Re: Cal - washington Cancelled
Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:03 pm
by UOducksTK1
5 game season? I vote to cancel.
Re: Cal - washington Cancelled
Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:17 pm
by Quietduck
Since it doesn't count for using up eligibility as long as it's safe I still want to see the Ducks. Consider it a pre spring football season.
Re: Cal - washington Cancelled
Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:00 pm
by lukeyrid13
At this point, playoffs are likely off the table.
I’d almost prefer the pac just so it’s own thing and if games get cancelled, just postpone. And maybe we play until February to get all our games in but at least we play 8-10 when it’s all said and done
Re: Cal - washington Cancelled
Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:09 pm
by UofDuck
StevensTechU wrote:Alan wrote:The media report I heard was one DB tested positive and was in a meeting room with all DB’s, so by PAC rules for playing during Covid all exposed players are out for 14 days. Meaning Cals next game with one of the Arizona schools wiill be canceled also. It might be a long 7 game season.
Cal has a real shot at an undefeated season. 1-0 is a real possibility.
Well played
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro